+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leeds(away)predictions

I'm being honest when I day I'm so fkn pissed off tonight. Completely deflated. I'm not angry etc, as we battled really well in the 2nd half after a poor first half showing. And thoroughly deserved to get 2-1 up in the 90th min. Such a weird thing to say this, but ....if we hadn't have scored that goal, then celebrated so much (all the players etc) we'd have walked off with a comfortable point today. They didn't hurt us, then got frantic and are just getting every bounced every bit of luck and all the decisions in the world. Which you get when your on a great run (7 wins on the spin) and top of the league. Not that this affects us, and no it's not sour grapes but they aren't anything special. In the slightest, and not one side has ever won promotion in Dec. They can easily be caught and overtaken by WBA (So can Norwich) and another side who will come from the chasing pack in the second half of the season (Which happens every year in the Champ) so while they are getting everything rite now, they haven't ran out of luck yet. Or had a bad run. Which is inevitable. I'm just saying there's alot of football to be played yet, and it's all too early to be peaking. Do all this (winning in the last min every gsme) in the final month of the season, not now. That's when it counts.

For us, we need to keep going. Rothwell was at fault for their equaliser. This constant obsession of him having to start is confusing to me? He isn't the answer to any problem we do have. Time to get a big, burley centre half. I'm not sold on Downing. He's ok. But not the answer. A centre half by trade is what we lack badly. Lenihan probably needs to go to RB. Or maybe in Smallwoods position. He just isn't commanding enough at times when we care under huge pressure. Like the last 10 mins of games. Him and Mulgrew together aren't going to be good enough this 2nd half of the season. Nor will Williams. We badly needed a CB in the summer, and we desperately need one now. Just as much as we need another Graham type up front.

Frankly, Champs, I think that's a bit harsh on Leeds. They looked very slick in the first half.
    For the first 30 minutes of the second half, we matched them, but I was quite happy with the "draw". When we went ahead I was in shock. Unfortunately, some of the players went into the same state, with panic following close behind!
    You could actually see Mowbray gesturing at them to hold the ball, but they ran in ever-decreasing circles during injury-time.
    A pattern is starting to emerge now: the top six are a step or two ahead of us, but we are much of a muchness with all the others.
    I think we'll easily pick up 25 to 30 points in the remaining matches, and finish comfortably in mid-table.
    Yesterday's results had almost no impact on positions at all.

It really is frustrating how we cannot seem to see a win out
    A real rollercoaster of emotions
    Angry at a poor start following that a battling second half and within 3 points we managed to chuck it away.
    Now we are stuck in the middle of the table but could easily get caught up in a relegation fight if we don't nip this late goal problem in the bud.
    When you wade through the absolute crap being posted on social media one message stood out
    Sell dack to fund a complete defensive overall
    I like dack but we cannot continue with the back 4 we have and sadly we don't have millions of our own money to chuck at the problem
    15 million(potentially)would completely re vamp our defence.

Just to put perspective on this:
    We may have been just two minutes off a unexpected 3 point win , but conversely they were two just two minutes off a damaging unexpected defeat 😉

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Frankly, Champs, I think that's a bit harsh on Leeds. They looked very slick in the first half.
    For the first 30 minutes of the second half, we matched them, but I was quite happy with the "draw". When we went ahead I was in shock. Unfortunately, some of the players went into the same state, with panic following close behind!
    You could actually see Mowbray gesturing at them to hold the ball, but they ran in ever-decreasing circles during injury-time.
    A pattern is starting to emerge now: the top six are a step or two ahead of us, but we are much of a muchness with all the others.
    I think we'll easily pick up 25 to 30 points in the remaining matches, and finish comfortably in mid-table.
    Yesterday's results had almost no impact on positions at all.
    I'm just not going to jump on the Leeds bandwagon with over half the season to go. All that slick play didn't open us up once, or hurt us in the slightest. It was relatively easy to sit and watch them pass it around the back 4. Only an o.g put them in the lead. Which was a simple enough ball to stop. In no way did I think they looked any better than us. They just put the centre back up front and banged panic balls in once they'd gone 2-1 down. If that equates to them being slick then our showing yesterday should give us great heart. As we stood toe to toe and caused them problems all 2nd half. Scored twice and created lots more. I'll bet Leeds aren't saying we are this great slick side.
    We've already beaten Leeds, and that day we did out play them by playing slick football. And didn't have to rely on putting our centre back up front and threw loads of long balls desperately into the box.

Are we really getting credit where credit is due? Or have some fans started to panic and think that the bottom 3 will suddenly make up 14 points on us because we have lost in the final minute vrs the top 2? In 2 consecutive games. I know your not Aucks. But your sound of mind. Quite a few of the drunken idiots at Elland Rd seemed to think slating us would be a good idea. And today the trickle of uncertainty is evident on social media.
    All of a sudden we are at risk of the bottom 3 ALL winning 5 games more than we will in the 2nd half of the season. And all the teams inbetween. That's some winning streak for the bottom half of the table. And a massive losing streak for us, and rest of the division. Maybe Ipswich will go on a run and go up? Maybe we'll never win again? Who knows. A few results go against us and as always you find out exactly what folk think.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I'm just not going to jump on the Leeds bandwagon with over half the season to go. All that slick play didn't open us up once, or hurt us in the slightest. It was relatively easy to sit and watch them pass it around the back 4. Only an o.g put them in the lead. Which was a simple enough ball to stop. In no way did I think they looked any better than us. They just put the centre back up front and banged panic balls in once they'd gone 2-1 down. If that equates to them being slick then our showing yesterday should give us great heart. As we stood toe to toe and caused them problems all 2nd half. Scored twice and created lots more. I'll bet Leeds aren't saying we are this great slick side.
    We've already beaten Leeds, and that day we did out play them by playing slick football. And didn't have to rely on putting our centre back up front and threw loads of long balls desperately into the box.

Are we really getting credit where credit is due? Or have some fans started to panic and think that the bottom 3 will suddenly make up 14 points on us because we have lost in the final minute vrs the top 2? In 2 consecutive games. I know your not Aucks. But your sound of mind. Quite a few of the drunken idiots at Elland Rd seemed to think slating us would be a good idea. And today the trickle of uncertainty is evident on social media.
    All of a sudden we are at risk of the bottom 3 ALL winning 5 games more than we will in the 2nd half of the season. And all the teams inbetween. That's some winning streak for the bottom half of the table. And a massive losing streak for us, and rest of the division. Maybe Ipswich will go on a run and go up? Maybe we'll never win again? Who knows. A few results go against us and as always you find out exactly what folk think.
    A bit harsh of you fella - definitely smacks of sour grapes.
    Look at the stats for the game,[ Possesion 71% 10 shots on target - to 2, 6 corners to 2] look at our injuries this season, and remember we are doing this with basically the SAME squad as last season - but just have a manager worth his pay this time round.
    As for just "Sticking Jansson up front" to get results - I think it was Hernandez and Roofe did the damage mate. I also recall out defeat at your place - you scored from two free headers at set pieces - hardly "slick" football LOL!

You got what you deserved yesterday - the timing is immaterial, suck it up you misserably fecker - it's Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Look at the stats for the game,[ Possesion 71% 10 shots on target - to 2, 6 corners to 2] look at our injuries this season, and remember we are doing this with basically the SAME squad as last season - but just have a manager worth his pay this time round.
    As for just "Sticking Jansson up front" to get results - I think it was Hernandez and Roofe did the damage mate. I also recall out defeat at your place - you scored from two free headers at set pieces - hardly "slick" football LOL!

You got what you deserved yesterday - the timing is immaterial, suck it up you misserably fecker - it's Christmas!
    Who invited the ****? Come on I know it's Christmas but who let him in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post

All that waffle. And it amounted to putting the crap centre half up front and banging high balls into the box. Brilliant.

Not one side has ever won anything on 26th Dec. But I can forgive your desperation. You won't have seen what success looks like. All those years down in Div1.

1 defeat and 1 win over Leeds. They have really put me in my place. Devastating.

Champs - I have seen some of the hysteria on other sites too. Apparently, we are plummeting or spiralling towards relegation!
    We have lost - late in the games - to the top two, by one goal. We drew with another of the top six. We outplayed Birmingham for 70 minutes, and they are now seventh, having comfortably won their subsequent games. When we last played a team lower than us - Sheffield Wednesday - we won 4-2, but they have now also won their last two. It so happens that we are playing six of the top seven in a five-week period, but all the other clubs have to play them too.
    As you say, relegation from our current position is highly improbable. For some reason, though, blind panic is affecting many fans.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - I have seen some of the hysteria on other sites too. Apparently, we are plummeting or spiralling towards relegation!
    We have lost - late in the games - to the top two, by one goal. We drew with another of the top six. We outplayed Birmingham for 70 minutes, and they are now seventh, having comfortably won their subsequent games. When we last played a team lower than us - Sheffield Wednesday - we won 4-2, but they have now also won their last two. It so happens that we are playing six of the top seven in a five-week period, but all the other clubs have to play them too.
    As you say, relegation from our current position is highly improbable. For some reason, though, blind panic is affecting many fans.
    It's frightening Auks. I heard some unbelievable comments in the first half from our idiots. They where singing away happily in the second when we played well, and scored a few.
    The bottom 3 have to make up 14 points on us. They have to win 5 more games than us in the second half of the season. They have barley won 5 between them in the first half. All the sides inbetween us will all have to go on a huge winning streak aswell. This is all according to the dimwits ready and waiting to say this is disgraceful. If you ask them what position they would be happy with? The answer is Mid-table!????!!! But they say it's disgraceful how many dropped points we are having? Which amounts to us being Mid table. My poor mind can't handle this logic?
    So they like that we are Mid table.
    But they aren't happy if we don't win every week. So it's lose lose for Rovers really. Unless they win every week.
    But yet they will state they are a Rovers fan through and through and have been going to Ewood since 19 .......It's always the same. Same idiots, same reactions every time we don't win. The trouble being a normal person but having a passion for foot all, is your mostly put in with the dregs of society. Or really stupid people, which football sadly attracts. I stood next to loads yesterday. And you often find yourself reading these idiots comments. No doubt the numbdkulls go to football. It's tribal like that. But it doesn't mean they understand the gsme. Not one bit.

We played really well yesterday. We played in vrs Norwich. And where unlucky. And like you say, completely out played Birmingham for 70 mins. Drew with Boro away. And battered Sheff Wed. But we lost in the last second away at a side getting every single bounce of the ball imaginable. Which means we are going down.
    We are just having a bit of a tough time. No luck. Injuries to key players. And a few slightly out of form. Dack was superb 2nd half yesterday. Hopefully that carries on.
    Soon enough things will turn around. I still say the best side and toughest gsme is WBA. They will overtake both Norwich and Leeds in the second half of the season. I still also say another side will come from the chasing pack aswell. They always do.
    It's not about who's in form right now. It's who is in that final month. Not Dec.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)