+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harkins gone

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Never stayed more than two years at any of his 17 clubs which includes 3 spells at Dundee except as a young player
    at Blackburn where he was around for 6 years but never made a first team appearance - is this another Baird / Kerr
    scenario ?
    I was looking at his career a few weeks back and thought exactly the same a rolling stone in the same mould as Baird where he has only short spells at any one club. Why did he end up at Queens with his talent well obviously other bigger teams did not fancy him with his track record and it is he that has left us in the lurch but on the positive his departure will have released funds for the January window so hopefully we can recruit much needed creativity and finishers. An undoubted talent but no conviction when needed.

There’s been a complete overreaction by some on social media. I think we need to applaude Queens here for getting shot of someone with a bad attitude & who was more than likely a bad influence in the changing room.

Time to move on and look ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I was looking at his career a few weeks back and thought exactly the same a rolling stone in the same mould as Baird where he has only short spells at any one club. Why did he end up at Queens with his talent well obviously other bigger teams did not fancy him with his track record and it is he that has left us in the lurch but on the positive his departure will have released funds for the January window so hopefully we can recruit much needed creativity and finishers. An undoubted talent but no conviction when needed.

one thing iv noticed about our manager ,he seems to have fall outs with players who like to express themselfs on the pitch our free flowing types ,which for me only leads to one conclusion ,he doesnt want to let these players play ,seems too stuck in his ways of keeping teams solid which defo doesnt work with most of our current players ,we have too many who like to play free flowing attacking football which contradicts our managers tactics ,so he falls out with them when these players get annoyed with his tactics .

we are just lucky that dobs is so laid back a guy ,and such a nice attitude as i have no doubt he would be walking too ,as he is also a free flow type player ,but his nice guy attitude keeps him happy .

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    How many of those did he departe mid season ?

Add Stirling to the list of fall outs all be it he survived
    I've little doubt that if we'd been operating with a bigger squad that Stirling would have been loaned out/released. Naysmith seems to see Stirling as an easy target to substitute or drop even though he's been one of our best attacking options this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    The curse of Alloa away strikes again...
    Although Harkins didn't actually play against Alloa. Going by the OS the decision was made before that.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Very sad to see Harkins gone. He may have had an attitude, but he could create something out of nothing in midfield and just how do you replace him?
    Maybe end up at one of our Championship rivals such as his former club Partick Thistle

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Although Harkins didn't actually play against Alloa. Going by the OS the decision was made before that.
    True enough...

Harkins Stats at Queens
    Played 20 games and 3 goals
    13 in the league and one goal
    7 in the cups and two goals

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    There’s been a complete overreaction by some on social media. I think we need to applaude Queens here for getting shot of someone with a bad attitude & who was more than likely a bad influence in the changing room.

Time to move on and look ahead.
    Johnny how can you say Harkins had a bad attitude and that he was a bad influence in the changing room. Have you heard anything? If your basing this on his record of clubs then I question why the club signed him in the first place. Or is this more of a case of him not liking the managers tactics or attitude towards players and he has been released by the club/manager

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)