+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Harkins gone

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Well he was missed at Alloa for a start. Let's see if he'll be missed against Ayr.

Like him or not he had a bit of football about him and presence.

He was never a wide player so you can't really compare him to Stirling or Murray.

Love him or hate him and whoever was at fault this kind of carry on doesn't put us in a good light nor attract fans. Just shows us to be in a bit of potential disarray.
    Bad attitude and disruptive but I can't mention who told me. I think there is a clue there somewhere that Queens was about his 15th club and add in the fact that he has had two or three spells with some of those teams.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 24-12-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    stirling ,murray,todd ,especially stirling ,he has defo had his fallouts with the manager ,doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out that our manager would rather have workers and more defensively players playing ,to get the best out of stirling he has to be playing and allowed to roam and do his stuff ,his game is killed off telling him to track back ,leave him far out on the wing when we are defending so we can quickly get it to him when we win it back and he is off running with 1 or 2 players to beat .
    I agree to a point. For me Stirling is inconsistent, Murray imo isn't quite good enough but will get there, bell just won't be good enough for the championship, Todd is a player who is good, but the point I'm making is this. There's a lot of people who is slating Harkins but ive heard nothing to say he is to blame. One thing I'm sure of. It's not a happy changing room. A lot of our senior players have left with rumours of fall outs under naysmith. His methods appear to me to be questionable and not attractive but it is effective considering where we are in the league and the budget he has. That said I wonder where he'd be without dobbie!! Harkins was a good player have no doubt about that and it's a big loss to the team that doesn't have enough good players

Its the old chicken and the egg situation. We have young players who are not quite there yet but needs games so they can get there. A lot of people don't have patience in the meantime but thats life.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Lets face it he won't be missed. Flattered to deceive. What did he actually do ?
    Bad attitude and disruptive but I can't mention who told me. I think there is a clue there somewhere that Queens was about his 15th club and add in the fact that he has had two or three spells with some of those teams.
    Absolutely, without even looking at his history you could see that, every time he was subbed walking off shaking his head and not applauding fans back. We as a club just have a bit of a track record of falling out with players and it makes you wonder are we unlucky or could it actually be us.

No good keeping a unhappy player though so it was the right thing to do. I just think he's going to take some serious replacing.

Absolutely, without even looking at his history you could see that, every time he was subbed walking off shaking his head and not applauding fans back. We as a club just have a bit of a track record of falling out with players and it makes you wonder are we unlucky or could it actually be us.

No good keeping a unhappy player though so it was the right thing to do. I just think he's going to take some serious replacing.
    As I said Deek , Harkins has had more clubs than Tiger Woods and has obviously fell out with quite a few managers in his time . The other well publicised one's that left us were Baird and Kerr who also have had many clubs. I am not privy to the going's on in the Palmerston dressing room but the evidence woukd suggest these three dont settle anywhere for too long and if thats the case , then Queens aren't really to blame.

It is odds - on that Billy Hewitson and his two fellow directors would have backed the manager to the hilt over the
    decision to let Harkins go ! - the only way is up though we might struggle as it has been obvious for a long time
    that the squad is far too small and the bench weak but hopefully we will have new players coming
    in soon.

This will be the usual crap. He has been contacted by a central belt club about coming to them. He then makes a bit of a 'nuisance' of himself at parent club to make sure he's let go . You watch !

This will be the usual crap. He has been contacted by a central belt club about coming to them. He then makes a bit of a 'nuisance' of himself at parent club to make sure he's let go . You watch !
    I doubt thats the case at all,
    He's probably sussed Nayidea as being clueless and negative and had cross words with him .
    He doesn't like experienced players at the club hence there's non there.
    With the exception of Dobbie of course of which he has no say whatsoever and without he would have been sacked 12 months ago.
    I didn't not doubt for a minute if Nayidea hit a sniff of any sort of job at a club with a bigger budget he'd be off like a shot.

yep jr that scenario is all too familiar ,but i suppose we can look at it like this ,thats freed up a decent wage for a replacement ,this is where our manager needs to earn his corn and get the right man in that can drive us forward in the midfield area ,possibly another striker on loan aswell

Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    I doubt thats the case at all,
    He's probably sussed Nayidea as being clueless and negative and had cross words with him .
    He doesn't like experienced players at the club hence there's non there.
    With the exception of Dobbie of course of which he has no say whatsoever and without he would have been sacked 12 months ago.
    I didn't not doubt for a minute if Nayidea hit a sniff of any sort of job at a club with a bigger budget he'd be off like a shot.
    If thats the case then 'Nayidea' as you call him is just the same as Chisholm, McIntyre , Johnson etc etc except that Naysmith is still here and the rest buggered off by now.. I suggest you look at Harkins career to get a clue of his behaviour. Yet another talented player ( no doubt) that has unfulfilled his potential and aimlessly drifted from club to club.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 25-12-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)