+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: The Queen's Message

OT: The Queen's Message

At the top of the Queen's message tomorrow will be 'peace and goodwill to all' which is a laudable sentiment in these times, but do her words really have meaning in this day and age?
    Let's start with Notts. I have never known the club be so far away from peace and goodwill. Since the summer, the club has been rent asunder:
    Nolan, Hardy, Chettle, Kewell and now Ardley
    You can hardly blame Ardley (?)0 but between the other four, we are now in a dark place. My first game as a spectator was Leicester in (I think) 1955. It was bad the year we lost to Rhyl in the FA Cup but never have I known the fans turn on the team like they have done this season. It's like they believe the players are intentionally not bothering. Isn't the blunt truth that they are just now good enough and they don't balance out?
    Now Brexit. Sorry, but I think it's the biggest mistake in our history as a country. The general populace just doesn't have the political nous to make such a profound judgement. Furthermore, a majority of 2/3 should have been insisted upon or change. I can't simply say 'peace and goodwill; it will be okay' because it won't.
    Then there is the demon of the planet. The devil who rules America and is taking the world down a path which is the absolute opposite of peace and goodwill.
    To all Pies, Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year. Let's hope our end isn't in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    At the top of the Queen's message tomorrow will be 'peace and goodwill to all' which is a laudable sentiment in these times, but do her words really have meaning in this day and age?
    Let's start with Notts. I have never known the club be so far away from peace and goodwill. Since the summer, the club has been rent asunder:
    You can hardly blame Ardley (?)0 but between the other four, we are now in a dark place. My first game as a spectator was Leicester in (I think) 1955. It was bad the year we lost to Rhyl in the FA Cup but never have I known the fans turn on the team like they have done this season. It's like they believe the players are intentionally not bothering. Isn't the blunt truth that they are just now good enough and they don't balance out?
    Now Brexit. Sorry, but I think it's the biggest mistake in our history as a country. The general populace just doesn't have the political nous to make such a profound judgement. Furthermore, a majority of 2/3 should have been insisted upon or change. I can't simply say 'peace and goodwill; it will be okay' because it won't.
    Then there is the demon of the planet. The devil who rules America and is taking the world down a path which is the absolute opposite of peace and goodwill.
    To all Pies, Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year. Let's hope our end isn't in sight.
    Nicely summed up sidders, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Isn't the blunt truth that they are just now good enough and they don't balance out?
    No!

Happy Christmas...bring on the hardest of hard Brexits...

... think you should just give up now Snobhead - outlook symptomatic of the spineless. I'm sure someone in Nottingham would find you the necessary piece to ease your troubles. Others are prepared to make the best of difficult situations. I wouldn't pick you to help out in an emergency.

Isn't the blunt truth that they are just now good enough and they don't balance out?
    Of course, it should have read 'just NOT good enough'. 'My bad' as goes the modern idiom.

To Black Horse and Joe Pass - peace and goodwill.

Well I nearly predicted right what I thought would be Sids message.
    Brexit/Trump but expected Teresa May to be in there.

Still pretty predictable.
    Oh well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s

Merry Christmas lol

what is a hard brexit ! ???
    Does it have a skin head , wear Doc Martins and carry a flick knife !????