+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/t commies in China scared sh itless of Christianity

Even WW1 soldiers managed to call a truce at Xmas

Who's gives a **** Bolton 1 Millers 3

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Who's gives a **** Bolton 1 Millers 3
    The Christians in China I would have thought

A plague on both their houses.

Best game of Top Trumps EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    A plague on both their houses.
    Shakespeare could not have put it better

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    The church is booming in China
    I take it that you've travelled over from your home in the USA to check that first-hand? China was integrated into the capitalist system many decades ago, and your hero Mr Trump, regards it an economic rival to the USA in capitalist terms. I know that you understand very little about history/politics/economics but do try a bit harder to keep up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    I take it that you've travelled over from your home in the USA to check that first-hand? China was integrated into the capitalist system many decades ago, and your hero Mr Trump, regards it an economic rival to the USA in capitalist terms. I know that you understand very little about history/politics/economics but do try a bit harder to keep up to date.
    Mike, that's a bit like asking Trump to act logically.

[QUOTE=the_idiotb_stardson;39094296]The church is booming in China and the commies are doing some despicable things to persecute the faithful.

Makes me laugh this, atheists who mock Christianity as gobbledygook or a fairy story.....then go to great lengths to repress the spread of Christianity and oppress the Christian community.

Why? If it is a load of nonsense why are they scared of it, why do they try and stamp it out with violence?

Don't you think it bears some similarity to the press & media's treatment of Corbyn?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    The church is booming in China and the commies are doing some despicable things to persecute the faithful.

Makes me laugh this, atheists who mock Christianity as gobbledygook or a fairy story.....then go to great lengths to repress the spread of Christianity and oppress the Christian community.

Why? If it is a load of nonsense why are they scared of it, why do they try and stamp it out with violence?

Merry CHRISTmas by the way.
    I dont think it true Christianity is booming in China. The Protestant and Catholic church are recognised as official religions in China. Christianity is an underground religion and some face persecution in some regions in the same way as Muslims.

The controvercy this year is over the extent to which Chinese should be encouraged to celebrate foreign festivals. The Communist Party are stressing they should follow ‘traditional Chinese values and cultures’ against a backdrop of nationalism stoked by the country’s trade war with the USA. It brought a few cities to scale back on decorations.

Christmas, to the vast majority, is seen as a massive shopping experience (bit like here) rather than a Christian celebration.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast