+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Fulham v Wolves Matchday Thread

Fulham v Wolves Matchday Thread

Match Preview Click Here

I'm expecting another tough game and three points from this game will be a bonus. Fulham will be fighting for the lives and need to start winning soon, i just hope it isn't today!

No Neves in the team today!

A very poor first half, from both sides. Not a good advert for the Premier League. We need to book our ideas up and get a win.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    No Neves in the team today!
    Max Kilman on the bench, a new name to me.... He has an interesting background lots of international caps for futsal. Dendoncker has dropped off the team sheet, wonder if he’ll stay?

Missed most of the game, a 6.30AM start for me on boxing day is not on these days! Watched from their goal on and by the sound of I saw the best of the game. Lively finish and chances for both teams. One thing I like and that I am sure will pay dividends as we progress is the absolute refusal to settle for a draw and go for the winner right to the final whistle. Well done Waderers!

Much better performance in the second half. Had too many games this season when this has happened. Should have had a penalty in the first half and a goal then changes the game.

I am glad we managed to score late and gain a point from the game. Fulham were a difficult side to break down with so many players behind the ball. If they carry playing like they did yesterday and lose Mitrovic through injury or suspension then it is going to be difficult for them to get out of trouble.

The first half for me, Wolves were predictable in the build up and lacked tempo. At the game it was difficult to see the handball incident, but having seen replays it's one of them, some ref's give them and is with the one yesterday, didn't. Raul Jiminez may not score many goals, but again i can't fault his work rate. Two half chances for him in the half, the over-kick and the shot that Rico easily dealt with at his near post.

Make no mistake about it, Wolves couldn't handle Mitrovic, the only thing missing from his game yesterday was a goal. He knows all the tricks of the game, backing in and winning fouls, as he did for the free-kick that led to the Fulham goal. Even as a Wolves fan though, i'm surprised he didn't score with his main two chances in the first half, the one where he just failed to get on the end of the ball at the far post and then the one in which Patricio saved at close range. I do think in the build up Coady has to do better, but nothing eventually came of it.

It was no surprise to see Cavaleiro come on in place of Traore for the start of the second half, in the the first half it just wasn't happening for Traore. The same can be said for Gibbs-White when he was replaced by Costa. the introduction of Cavaleiro at least gave Wolves a different tempo going forward.

The free-kick awarded to Fulham that led to their goal was disappointing from a Wolves perspective. Mitrovic backing in and ref couldn't wait to give it. The actual goal could also have been dealt with better, firstly at the far post and then by Patricio, again if as i keeper you are coming out to punch a ball, at least try and clear the danger area. Sessegnon won't be complaining though after scoring. Both he and Cairney improved the home the home side after coming on.

I wouldn't have had many complaints if we had come away with nothing, but for Saiss to equalise so late was a good feeling, a credit to Cavaleiro for his part in the build up. Both Saiss and Moutinho in my eyes were their socks off all afternoon. Even at 1-1 though, Wolves have to be happy Coady was their to clear Mitrovic's effort off the line late on.

Free-scoring Spurs up next, i'd take a point now if it was offered!

Thanks Gav, we were much better in the second half, but too often we have been a one half team. We need to be on our best form against Spurs or we will be in for a spanking.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)