+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicky Low

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Behave.
    It`s hardly "jumping ship" to see out a contract and then look at your options. Nothing to stop us offering Low, Marshall or anyone else for that matter the opportunity to extend a deal. That`s sort of the point of contracts.
    Marshall was all but away at the end of last season before crawling back because he couldn't find another club.

Half the team are loan players and two are already leaving anyway so it's pretty much going to be a new team next season.

I would have Marshall but the player we must try and keep is Doyle.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Half the team are loan players and two are already leaving anyway so it's pretty much going to be a new team next season.

I would have Marshall but the player we must try and keep is Doyle.
    Canny see either staying, going to be one Hell of a rebuild for whoever is manager next season.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Canny see either staying, going to be one Hell of a rebuild for whoever is manager next season.
    It seems to be the same re-build job every season, players mainly signed on 6 month or 1 year contracts doesn't do anything for continuity. Even the Manager's future with us is uncertain so how can he look to bring in players for next season and beyond. Obviously a lot of it has to do with finance available and uncertainty of which division we will be in so its probably natural for the BoD to hang fire on making offers, but it looks like we will be scrambling trying to fix up players well into the close season. The only slight consolation is that a lot of clubs are the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    It seems to be the same re-build job every season, players mainly signed on 6 month or 1 year contracts doesn't do anything for continuity. Even the Manager's future with us is uncertain so how can he look to bring in players for next season and beyond. Obviously a lot of it has to do with finance available and uncertainty of which division we will be in so its probably natural for the BoD to hang fire on making offers, but it looks like we will be scrambling trying to fix up players well into the close season. The only slight consolation is that a lot of clubs are the same situation.
    It is worth mentioning that the players themselves are reluctant to sign up for long term contracts on the basis of the wages that the club are offering. Also even at our level most will have agents who's sole role is to make as much for the players and more importantly themselves when it comes to contract negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    It is worth mentioning that the players themselves are reluctant to sign up for long term contracts on the basis of the wages that the club are offering. Also even at our level most will have agents who's sole role is to make as much for the players and more importantly themselves when it comes to contract negotiations.

i can see a few current season ticket holders holding of buying for next season until thay see what queens commitment is going to look like for next season ,some will say people will buy anyways and most will but theres bound to be quite a few holding back .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i can see a few current season ticket holders holding of buying for next season until thay see what queens commitment is going to look like for next season ,some will say people will buy anyways and most will but theres bound to be quite a few holding back .

Never have and never will. You’re as bad as that rocket ALBERTZ ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    Never have and never will. You’re as bad as that rocket ALBERTZ ffs.
    I am no ticket. It is folk like myself, Francis Begbie and JRS that keep this forum afloat...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I am no ticket. It is folk like myself, Francis Begbie and JRS that keep this forum afloat...

yep albertz ,i try to make a logical point about people investing in season tickets for next season and theres the kinda response lol ,i just laugh those people off albertz lol,its defo not rocket science to think some fans will wait until thay see what there paying for before investing ,its like investing upfront on a new computer or car before you see the product that comp might not have the right graphic card you need and youv blew your cash on it or the car might come with nae engine lool running around like fred flintstone lool ,so its only logical to think some will wait to see what there investing in .

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post

spike and jardi do there fair share of posting to keep this site ticking aswell,one things for sure albertz ,not everyone are going to agree with eachothers posts ,which is the good thing as i wouldnt expect everyone to be in agreement ,or the forum would be boring lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)