+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Last Post - unless admin can fix it

The Last Post - unless admin can fix it

You may recall a while back I lost my saved password on laptop and discovered that you cannot recover it. I have survived on the saved password on my phone. This phone is being sent to the great phone scrapheap in the sky this weekend.

I was advised that I might get HQ to reset it, but have had no response whatsoever from that source - an experience reflecting the ramAnag one, so no real surprise.

The only other option is to reregister under a different name and with another email address. I've just tried this only to find that "sorry, registration has been disabled by administration".

Seems to be no way forward, so from here on I will have to be a lurker again. Thanks FM.

Sorry about this Geoff FM don't exactly go out of their way to keep posters do they Hope a solution can be found it won't let you 're register under another name and different E/mail probably still recognising your same I.P address

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Sorry about this Geoff FM don't exactly go out of their way to keep posters do they Hope a solution can be found it won't let you 're register under another name and different E/mail probably still recognising your same I.P address
    I echo mista’s comment GP. Thought the details I sent you would help but apparently not. Tbf to Andy he did help over my summer ‘lock out’ so maybe he’ll spring into belated action when he reads your comment. It’s not as if the site can afford to lose regular contributors is it?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    That's a thought Mista - maybe if I try reregister on the new phone using mobile data it won't have an IP address to associate with?? Worth a try....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    That's a thought Mista - maybe if I try reregister on the new phone using mobile data it won't have an IP address to associate with?? Worth a try....
    I’ll contact Gary in a bit GP

Edit: Please check your messages
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 28-12-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’ll contact Gary in a bit GP

Edit: Please check your messages
    Having pondered this, I wad wondering how I can read my messages if I cannot log in.

Then in a moment of inspiration I realised that my old phone, whilst disabled could still act as a Web browser, so I could read it!

Earlier this year I upgraded to a new phone. When installing everything on my new phone (Samsung A5 2017 version). Samsung had a nice little app that bluetooth connected to my old phone and pulled across all data including login info to various sites and I didn't have to remember a thing, which at my age is a bonus. Amazon, eBay, Goofbid, Bol, 4 different email accounts and many more site logins/passwords were instantly copied over by the app. This should not prove a problem Geoff.

Sadly I didn't acquire a Samsung MA, but rather a seemingly rather slick Huawei P20Pro, so no equivalent! However in dumping my old phone i did discover a file holding stored passwords which has now solved my dilemma. I can now also post from this laptop, hurrah

Thanks to those who rushed to my aid.......... makes me feel really wanted

Sadly I didn't acquire a Samsung MA, but rather a seemingly rather slick Huawei P20Pro, so no equivalent! However in dumping my old phone i did discover a file holding stored passwords which has now solved my dilemma. I can now also post from this laptop, hurrah

At least the issue has been solved without you having to tear out any remaining hair you may have.........

Suppose it’s one way of getting yourself a ‘Mate’.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)