+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frank Lampard The Tinkering Mess

Frank Lampard The Tinkering Mess

3 changes every single sodding match

Waghorn plays well and scores.... dropped very next match

Bryson plays **** every single game.... gets straight back in

Our best 11 is the one that played WBA away, yet he hasn't played that front 3 together since

No wonder the team looks devoid of confidence, they know one good performance could be the bench or out of the squad next game

I'm sorry but Lampard isn't cut out for this management lark lol

I've not posted in weeks but lets be honest here he needs getting shot off and quick

Where's the defence?

Where's Waghorn at 2-1?

Absolutely clueless, and we don't score goals either, most of them are dead ball situations ffs, we could put up with a p*** poor defence if we actually were this "entertaining" side everyone goes on about, but we are f***ing useless if we're truly honest with ourselves.

🤡

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I'm sorry but Lampard isn't cut out for this management lark lol

I've not posted in weeks but lets be honest here he needs getting shot off and quick

Where's the defence?

Where's Waghorn at 2-1?

Absolutely clueless, and we don't score goals either, most of them are dead ball situations ffs, we could put up with a p*** poor defence if we actually were this "entertaining" side everyone goes on about, but we are f***ing useless if we're truly honest with ourselves.
    Rather than slagging off DCFCA as usual, anyone (who's been to most recent games) got an answer to his points?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Rather than slagging off DCFCA as usual, anyone (who's been to most recent games) got an answer to his points?
    Let’s be honest...DCFCA has been waiting for this scenario all season, but he does make some fair points on here...unlike his rants on ‘The Wheels are Coming Off’ thread.
    Lampard doesn’t, of course, need to be ‘shot of’. That would be ridiculous and let’s not forget we’re still sixth...although I doubt we will be at 5.00 p.m. on Saturday.
    I agree it’s frustrating that FL seems no nearer knowing his strongest side and I’m fed up with all the tinkering too.
    I also agree that Bryson is a waste of space. He has been now for four years or more imo and should only be used as a last thirty minute sub and then possibly only as a last resort.
    There have to be doubts about some of the signings too. FloJo looks lightweight and lost, Holmes seldom gets a chance and Mount seems ever more out of his depth not least because he has no role model or enforcer to play alongside in midfield.
    The biggest problem though remains one not of FL’s making. It probably has its origins with Sam Rush, who’s former position still seems to cast a long shadow over Derby’s ambitions, as it was he who was responsible for the contracts handed out to Anya, Butterfield and Thorne so that we now have at least three players who are potentially better than the ones we select but who we don’t appear able to afford to play. That is a disastrous situation for any football club and until it is resolved and the money made available to provide quality replacements I suspect we are going nowhere.

We are no better off than last season lets be honest, in fact at least the defence was a bit tighter and we at least had goals in us, we are averaging about 0.90 goals a game from open play, for all the "Lampard is so much fun" I'm not seeing it ffs, yes we try to pass it more and we have better possession stats but its turgid stuff on the whole, sideways passing... its like Clement but a bit quicker perhaps? but running parallel to that we are a shambles at the back

If Lampard wants entertaining, attacking, direct and energy football he needs to ditch the DM position and just go 4231 and just try to boss games by playing aggressive on the front foot football,, yes we might well get some pastings but at least it'll be this "entertaining" style I hear a lot of our Lampard lovers crowing about...

If it wasn't for the free kicks from Wilson we'd be bottom half averaging less than a goal a game ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Let’s be honest...DCFCA has been waiting for this scenario all season, but he does make some fair points on here...unlike his rants on ‘The Wheels are Coming Off’ thread.
    Lampard doesn’t, of course, need to be ‘shot of’. That would be ridiculous and let’s not forget we’re still sixth...although I doubt we will be at 5.00 p.m. on Saturday.
    I agree it’s frustrating that FL seems no nearer knowing his strongest side and I’m fed up with all the tinkering too.
    I also agree that Bryson is a waste of space. He has been now for four years or more imo and should only be used as a last thirty minute sub and then possibly only as a last resort.
    There have to be doubts about some of the signings too. FloJo looks lightweight and lost, Holmes seldom gets a chance and Mount seems ever more out of his depth not least because he has no role model or enforcer to play alongside in midfield.
    The biggest problem though remains one not of FL’s making. It probably has its origins with Sam Rush, who’s former position still seems to cast a long shadow over Derby’s ambitions, as it was he who was responsible for the contracts handed out to Anya, Butterfield and Thorne so that we now have at least three players who are potentially better than the ones we select but who we don’t appear able to afford to play. That is a disastrous situation for any football club and until it is resolved and the money made available to provide quality replacements I suspect we are going nowhere.
    I doubt Lampard is the right man to lead this football club. I don't think he's cut out for management, he's cutting an increasingly lonely figure on that touchline, looks tired and fed up in his interviews. 39 points after 24 games is a pretty average total, and its only because the league is so bad this season (lots of inconsistent teams, ie Boro, Sheff U etc) we are sitting 6th still, we look a mid table bottom half side imo, moments of brilliance aside we ain't moving forward and its as simple as that imo.

I would also guess Jody Morris is as much to thank for our little run earlier as well. And as for Mason Mount, barring 2 or 3 good games he's next to useless lets be honest, I'd be sending him back in January along with his mate Tomori, relying on 18 year olds to get you up is pretty stupid and daft,, they should be playing understudy to a more established player.

I'd also be paying off the contracts in January of the players who will be leaving in the summer (similar to Forest when Karanka signed). That way with Mount and Tomori sent back we can have a much easily managed squad

I know I will get sla***d off for the Mount bashing but what does he offer?, he's been awful since the Man Ure game.

See your absence hasn't improved your brain power Didn't hear a word from you when we were winning " Yes we might get some postings " I can just imagine your reaction if that happened He's bound to have to keep making changes he's lost Forsyth Davies Ollson Malone Lawrence injuries to Bryson Wilson Mount Waghorn Marriott what's a manager supposed to do ffs I will try and answer your remarks " Lampard has to go He isn't cut out to be a manager " Why because he takes over an average Championship club told to sell his top scorer and then try and get rid of 5or 6 players who have done there best to ruin this club the last three years Where's the defence easy to say But why not tell us who you would play there Waghorn still recovering from his injury and if you happen to go to matches there are just as many don't want him in the team as there is who want him in Don't get the idea in a Lampard lover I don't really give a suck who the manager is But to call the bloke not cut out for management is just stupid He's had one transfer window little money and were in 6th place ffs
    Last edited by mistaram; 26-12-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    See your absence hasn't improved your brain power Didn't hear a word from you when we were winning " Yes we might get some postings " I can just imagine your reaction if that happened He's bound to have to keep making changes he's lost Forsyth Davies Ollson Malone Lawrence injuries to Bryson Wilson Mount Waghorn Marriott what's a manager supposed to do ffs I will try and answer your remarks " Lampard has to go He isn't cut out to be a manager " Why because he takes over an average Championship club told to sell his top scorer and then try and get rid of 5or 6 players who have done there best to ruin this club the last three years Where's the defence easy to say But why not tell us who you would play there Waghorn still recovering from his injury and if you happen to go to matches there are just as many don't want him in the team as there is who want him in Don't get the idea in a Lampard lover I don't really give a suck who the manager is But to call the bloke not cut out for management is just stupid He's had one transfer window little money and were in 6th place ffs
    I fear thats too reasoned an answer to be understood!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)