+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defensive General

Thought Ardley was the man. Wrong...maybe. Originally thought Oliver Hardy was the saviour. Wrong. So what do I know? I know about passion, commitment and hard work. Nobody currently on the books at Notts knows anything about that whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It doesn’t matter who can talk to players. The players won’t listen, they blame each other, they do what they want (which is not a lot).
    You can’t tell players who don’t want to mark a player, who won’t go and win a tackle or header, or pass a ball 10 yards.
    I can’t begin to imagine what goes through the players minds. If I was NA I would be asking the players to provide in writing where they think they did well (wouldn’t take long) and where they feel they let the club down, the supporters done, themselves down. Anyone honest enough and provide suitable rationale on how to improve can stay the rest to put in a request for immediate termination of contract without severance pay.
    But please don’t tell me that performance was down to not having a general. It was heartless. Gutless. Powder puff. Shambolic.
    100% agree with this
    Macc brought in Sol Campbell and look what has happened... they looked totally dead and buried but have won 4 of his 6 games in charge with another being a draw.... that was a case of players with their heads down and a new manager comes in and lifts the place and the players respond... as for Notts... it's now plain to see that these players are just not good enough... Pep couldn't get this shower to put in a 90 minute performance... I thought Ardley could get a response out of them when he came in... how wrong I was they should be ashamed to collect their pay packets but like most games this season they will prob look for someone else to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    11 players needed on this evidence.... no matter who plays it's the same result... no spirit, no spine and no guts.....
    A very accurate summary. That's what annoys me most, we lost mainly because Macclesfield wanted it more. It was the same old story, we gave them loads of time and space, as soon as we got the ball they were snapping at our heels. This pathetic bunch will take us out of the Football League with barely a whimper.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    100% agree with this
    Macc brought in Sol Campbell and look what has happened... they looked totally dead and buried but have won 4 of his 6 games in charge with another being a draw.... that was a case of players with their heads down and a new manager comes in and lifts the place and the players respond... as for Notts... it's now plain to see that these players are just not good enough... Pep couldn't get this shower to put in a 90 minute performance... I thought Ardley could get a response out of them when he came in... how wrong I was they should be ashamed to collect their pay packets but like most games this season they will prob look for someone else to blame.
    Maybe Sol came in and said he believed in them , you are the only ones who can get us out of this. Maybe Ardley came in and said help us out until January.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Maybe Sol came in and said he believed in them , you are the only ones who can get us out of this. Maybe Ardley came in and said help us out until January.
    Where's the like button when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    Where's the like button when you need it.
    There is a lot to be said for operating with very limited resources to improve performance. Notts have big noted themselves since Hardy arrived way too much and Hardy has come across as an arrogant big headed so and so for a long time. Then there are things like the stupid changing rooms. All of these leads players at this level to think they are better than they are and the club thinking that it is better than it is and that attitude starts right at at the top not at manager level. I've said it several times now Notts needs stripping back to basics. I would sooner have piss poor players who can raise their game than good players taking a pay cheque any day of the week and not caring as they think they are better than they are.

In the trust days we had some god awful players but they could raise their game and tried hard. That is clearly no longer the case. For me there would be no complaints we we slash the player budget by half get rid of at least half of the squad ASAP and bring in a load of battlers.

If you are not going to get improved performances from this lot then make them play with the youth team and put the kids in. As its the kids who will be playing next season anyway at this rate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12