+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers Post Match Thoughts

Don't know how the ref didn't give us at least 1 penalty ???
    Surprised about the glassing, thought there was a fairly affable mood to the crowd?

Just got back it was like watching two pubs sides, I for one wasn’t proud of the team.

Newell must have been legless yesterday he couldn’t do anything right and looked knackered after 10 minutes.

This match was a wasted opportunity to get maximum points against a very poor side.Warney picked the wrong side.Both Proctor and Newell had stinkers and offered absolutely nothing.Towell hasn't played well for the last few matches and once again he was lacking.He brought on young Wiles and he showed a lot more than above mentioned showed all the match.This kid can play football and should start the match at Bristol.Williams must start and play Ajayi in a midfield role, bringing Ragett in to play alongside Robertson,who alongside Mattock were our best players today.Warney must now regret playing this team,which was so negative because we were really, only one up front because Proctor could not go the pace,Smithy was doing all the work.

When Newell plays,we are effectively playing with ten men,he gives little to the team,and his work ethic is none existent.

Good summary and suggestions Bill.

Their pitch is huge and there was acres of space.
    Taylor right and Williams out left in a 451 would have done better exploiting the wide open spaces.
    With hindsight the 442 is for some home games.
    Too many players off colour today and the division is hard enough without seriously underachieving

Only shining light from today is that we can play better....not sure if Bolton can

Quote Originally Posted by dmentor View Post
    When Newell plays,we are effectively playing with ten men,he gives little to the team,and his work ethic is none existent.
    Never seems fit to me.

Better coming on later as others have said.

Bolton were fairly poor, but we gave them the confidence to attack us.

Far too many players had an off day today., including I thought for one Smith. He has either forgotten how to play in a 2 or never met Proctor. Not singling him out, just seems odd for him to get nothing out of the defenders.

We went long for nearly all the game, usually just hopeful punts. Hardly anything came through midfield, and there was certainly no creativity in that department.

Robertson probably the only player to have a decent game.

dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't.

I read on here alot the formation isn't attacking enough 442 get 2 strikers on the pitch.

he has obviously gone there looking for a win and fancying our chances playing 2 strikers up front and a bit of craft with newell which in my opion was the right thing to do.

for whatever reason it was a poor performance it happens it will happen again it's just a shame it's happened against a relegation team and a team you fancy to beat.

if it happened against a Norwich or a Middlesbrough it wouldn't be as so disappointing.

rotherham result cost me $150 on my bet today. (winnings all the other teams won)

Been to the game. Both teams were poor and made lots of mistakes, but Bolton got away with it because they had a proper goalscorer. The Millers were probably the better side in the first half, but then fell to bits, without much real pressure from the Trotters. Not for the first time this season , Vyner was awful. Standard of passing from the Millers was dreadful, particularly in midfield. Newell continues to look unfit. Usual collection of shots and headers were ballooned over the bar by us from positions that should have at least forced their keeper to make saves. Not much that Rodak could do about the Bolton goals, plus he made a couple of decent saves. Warney waited too long to make substitutions. We suddenly burst into life for the last ten minutes, but it was too late. Need to sign a better right back, somebody who can pass the ball in midfield and a goalscorer....or we're burgered
    Last edited by mikemiller; 27-12-2018 at 12:41 AM.

Has Newell ever played 90 minutes for us? I'm sure he has but, if he starts he's usually knackered after about 70 minutes and has to go off and if he comes off the bench he's usually pretty effective for 20 minutes or so.
    Something's not right there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast