+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crewe 2 lincoln 1

Crewe 2 lincoln 1

Wow!

I cannot believe this result bearing in mind the difference in league positions..Are they really running away at the top?

I think we outplayed them for most of the game including the first half and this result was no fluke! Their only goal near the end flatters them as it was not a close contest. Sometimes we were camped in their area and they could not clear the ball at all.

We were the better, the faster and fitter and more creative team by far and had more chances to score than they did by far!

Some of our passing was sublime and our energy levels were fantastic and every player went for every ball as though their lives depended on it. It was a great game to watch in my opinion and.....

There can be only one explanation for this result. MikeSB the lucky mascot once again LOL..

This was my first game this season and what a game. Great to see the home fans buzzing and smiling after a game and difficult to explain our current league position when based on this performance we ought to be in the top six.

Maybe some of you regulars can work it out?

One laugh was that when I ordered my ticket this morning, found out when I got there at 2-45 that it was allocated in the away players blue seats on row C and the Steward could not explain it and so just moved back a couple of rows and waved my magic spell on them! He said it was a computer glitch and hope this result was not the same..Maybe I could have got on as a Sub!

Seriously, IF we could play like this for the rest of the season, there is no reason not to be aiming for the play offs.

Happy New Year everyone...Up and upwards hopefully!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 26-12-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Paul Green was the big influence on the team today. He lead from the start and his energy and enthusiam rubbed off on the rest of the players. He was the leader by a country mile. How can DA influence the game in the first 30 mins when he was sat up in the stand, I feel it was down to Green and boy have we missed his energy in midfield. I thought we controlled the whole game and created the best chances. If we carry this on for our next home game we will see daylight between us and the bottom teams . I then look forward to our game at Bury and see how we can compete against the leagues top scorers

An enthralling and entertaining afternoon. Green was a leader; the Academy lads proved their worth (and probably upped their value); and the bought-in lads blossomed. The manager continued his dedicated ambition for as many yellow cards in a season - and while he discussed his Christmas toys falling out of his pram with the 4th Official and anyone else who'd listen to his tantrums, the team did the business. Yes, we should have scored many more; yes, we outplayed Lincoln in every area and made them look ragged; and yes, we answered their physicality with some of our own (not quite as much). The best bit of the day was not just that we won, but how we won: it was a brand of entertaining football that I haven't seen the Alex involved in for a long, long time.
    Our consistency, or lack of, may be the stuff of legend, but I'm happy to put that aside and just enjoy a game that mattered as entertainment.

Most enjoyable game I have seen for a long time. Obviously Green had a big impact from mid field on the game, BUT Porter leading the front line with Bowery allowed to use his pace of him, had just as big an impact. Bowery is not a front line leader nor goal scorer, but his pace scares a lot of defenders.
    Will DA stick with this formula for Saturday, Who Knows??

I predicted an Alex win before the game 'cos I know that if we're in the mood we're quite capable of beating anyone in this league as there are no outstanding sides and everyone is of similar standard.

It was a real pleasure to be at this game. Me and my partner were talking about it all the way home. In recent weeks I've read a couple of sarky comments re: the impact of the possible return of Green but boy what an impact he's had already. His30 minutes at FGR were a hint of what to expect BUT he really nailed it against Lincoln.
    Some of the midfield play from the Alex was brilliant. It was also amazing to see all 10 outfielders camped in Lincoln's half for a good 10 minutes at one stage of the match.
    The best bit was though was seeing Ainley (!) leading a charge of 3 players to close down one of their midfielders 20 yards inside their half after 85 minutes!!!!
    More of the same on Saturday please!