+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Midway report

Midway report

1st quarter - P9 W4 D2 L3 Pts 14 (52%)
    2nd quarter - P9 W5 D3 L1 Pts 18 (67%)
    1st half - P18 W9 D5 L4 Pts 32 (59%)
    CL - P8 W3 D2 L3 Pts 11/24 (46%)
    RN - P10 W6 D3 L1 Pts 21/30 (70%)
    3rd quarter/2nd half starts on Saturday

Good summary.

Been bouncing around my head to look at this over the next few days.

Under Robbie we are good enough to go up, in a division where we play four times, being where we are leaves our fate in our hands, but it requires that 70% or better for the second half of the season.

Under Robbie I think we can do that.

Robbie has made a difference and I'm not trying to say he hasn't but he has had the benefit of being able to pay Fyvie in almost all his games. He makes a huge difference to our team.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Robbie has made a difference and I'm not trying to say he hasn't but he has had the benefit of being able to pay Fyvie in almost all his games. He makes a huge difference to our team.
    Nae wonder Fyvie has been oot injured so much, I wouldn’t work for phukk all either

Here's Terry in his roundabout way saying if csaba had Fyvie available he'd have done as well as Robbie.
    Still angry we let that moron have a summer window plus give everyone an 8 game start when a blind person could see he wasn't even close to being up to task.
    Anyway, I think if Robbie gets 3 of his own boys in and say 2 or 3 of csabas imposters out we'll have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    Here's Terry in his roundabout way saying if csaba had Fyvie available he'd have done as well as Robbie.
    Still angry we let that moron have a summer window plus give everyone an 8 game start when a blind person could see he wasn't even close to being up to task.
    Anyway, I think if Robbie gets 3 of his own boys in and say 2 or 3 of csabas imposters out we'll have a chance.
    Sacking CL had become a no brainer. Sacking CL in the summer? With hindsight, yes it should have happened, but TTT (and Mike Martin) were trying to engender consistency and break away from the sack, sack and sack again culture which had engulfed the Club all the way back to Peter Houston's departure. By the end it was untenable, however RN has praised a lot of the work that Csaba put in behind the scenes and let's not forget that guys who have become key players under Neilson such as Bouhenna, Frans, Safranko, Booth etc were all Csaba signings so he did do some things right. Laszlo's total inability to articulate his thoughts, his tactics, his demands, his training methods etc were what was his ultimate downfall. He possibly would have been better as a 'Director Of Football' rather than in the dugout itself. However don't get me wrong, by the end, he had to go. Period.

Further though to what TTT initially quoted, had Fyvie (and then Fraser) not sustained season ending injuries last term, then I think we'd cracked it and were going up. St Mirren would not have survived a similar situation with Morgan for comparison. Unfortunately however we lost our best and they didn't and the rest is history.

Progress has been made - but United are still not playing like a team who can win the Championship, at the moment they don't play like serious title contenders.

The signings in January could make all the difference between being contenders and also rams , at the moment we are a few notches below being serious contenders - the transfer window in January is never too great, but I am sure RN will have done his homework, and already approached a few clubs . Nothing might happen until the end of January as clubs will want to hold onto their players until they see who is out injured etc.

At the moment, I think United could be contenders for reaching the final of the play offs - but will need to improve if they want to win the championship .

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    That's possible but we'll never know but it really doesn't matter anyway. The point is that Fyvie is easily our best player and we NEED him on the park as we are a completely different proposition without him. As the squad is at the moment he really is that important.

Since Neilson's appointment our general play has improved. We are quite functional, play some neat football and can at last press and cope with the physicality of this league (apart from the Ayr match )
    Our starting 11 is certainly decent enough, but we have no depth to the squad to be title challengers at the moment. We need at least 3-4 quality players in Jan (ball winner in midfield a must).
    Robbie has made a great start getting 21 points from first 10 games and with the chance to make a few tweaks to the squad it will hopefully get even better.
    Last edited by Sutherland Arab; 27-12-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)