+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team for Saturday

If Hewitt is injured along with Davies being suspended and Milsom not starting due to contract issues we don't actually have a Div2 standard midfield.
    Patching, Hussin and Vaughan don't look mobile enough so who knows how bad Crawford is to be behind them.
    Keeper has sunk back to his early season self, our best centre half is a totally crocked loanee who hasn't kicked a ball for us this season. Up front Stead needs to be played sparingly, he's old slow and never has been a great target man and gets very little decent service, Thomas gets on my tits, headless chicken and Hemmings looks like a man bitterly regretting his career choice in July.
    I'd take offers for any of them right now just to give us a budget to change things.

Fitz
    Tootle, Turley, Bird, Jones
    Osborne, Crawford, Brisley, Hemmings
    Stead Etete

I don't think that team beats Bury, but it may throw them tactically for 15 minutes.
    Brisley is terrible in midfield but he will defend a set piece which is more than Hussin and Vaughan.
    Maybe Thomas for Osborne is sensible but Nathan Thomas looked rubbish pre season and not much better half way through and doesn't seem a team player to me.
    How could we waste so much money on bit part footballers while neglecting the spine, unbelievable.

38 players and you can't get a decent eleven. We wouldn't miss Pindroch, Oxlade, Evina, Duffy, Ward, Bird, Hall, Vaughan, Thomas, Osborne, Patching or Crawford if they left tomorrow. Based on usefulness so far this season you could chuck in Kellet ,Tootle, Jones, Brisley and Fitz and not be heart broken to see any of them leave.
    What an absolute shambles top to bottom front to back.

Kellet for Brisley, changed my mind.

Blimey can't believe I 'forgot' Ozzy. Pop him on the wing and give him his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    It’s logical we’re trying to avoid tying ourselves into a contract with Milsom but with Hewitt injured and Davies banned it couldn’t have come at a worse time. In all honesty whichever midfield combination we field with available personnel will probably be overpowered, but I agree I’d go with Crawford rather than repeat the Husin/Vaughan experiment which saw us trounced by Yeovil.

I’d start Duffy on the basis he does at least talk, something badly lacking today. And Kellett for me was the one positive today, he changed the game after coming on before being moved out wide in a bizarre substitution (almost as bizarre as no manager really using him all season).

Otherwise I don’t really see how he can change things to improve things, but then this is the last game before January...

Fitzsimons

Tootle Duffy Brisley Jones

Crawford Vaughan

Thomas Kellett Patching (Hemmings if for)

Stead

Subs: Pindroch; Turley; Oxlade Chamberlain; Milsom; Hawkridge; Dennis; Campbell.
    Looks about as good as we can hope for. I agree that Kellet made a difference yesterday, picking up space between their defence and midfield. I have no idea why he's hardly featured all season when the likes of Vaughan and Milson have, but what do I know.

No one changing the goalie?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    No one changing the goalie?

Pindroch
    Tootle turley brisley Kennedy

Patching Crawford

Hawkridge Kellet Hemings / Dennis

Stead

Thomas / Jones / Duffy / Evina / Vaughan / Husin / Milsom can all **** off for me.
    In fact I’ll drive Thomas wherever he wants to go - I’ll just put him in my boot so I haven’t got to witness him throwing a paddy if I make a driving mistake. Biggest tosser I’ve ever seen wearing our shirt

Fitz
    Tootle Turley Brisley Kennedy-Williams
    Osborne Milsom Kellett Thomas
    Stead Dennis

I’m assuming that Hewitt and Hemmings are both out injured.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Bearing in mind the repetitive selections that have brought us to where we are, what brave and potentially interesting throws of the dice can we come up with for Saturday with basically bugger all to lose and everything to gain?

Fitz

Tootle Turley Bird Kellett

Patching Hewitt Crawford Thomas

Stead Dennis

Bench: Pindroch Kennedy-Wiliams Etete Vaughan Brisley Evina Husin
    The 'Turley Bird' catches the worm!!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    So maybe your dog and my dog in midfield (mine's black and white so won't even need a shirt dirtying), anyone got a greyhound or a whippet for wingbacks?
    I've got a lurcher who is like lightening and take no prisoners. There'd be hardly any crosses coming into the box with Pete in the way ha ha.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast