+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparation for the Premier League!?

I wonder if he goes muahahahaha after he's Bielsified them.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    I wonder if he goes muahahahaha after he's Bielsified them.
    Sounds like a job for the Rev.

The Bielsa recruitment requirements - Mmmm .....?

Just maybe what we've got player wise this season is the maximum that this group of players can 'consistently' deliver some may say.Realistically only a few games in a season will see us totally dominate and allow every 'chance' being taken.

The truth is - No matter how hard they work or how much effort they put in without utilising the Bielsa principle of belief the players will always be limited in their career accomplishments. If you look further into the 'Bielsa approach' at Leeds (and his other clubs) you'll find that the players with a track record of success have fully and whole heartedly embraced his philosophy in all walks of their life physically and more importantly mentally.

This 'Believe and Succeed or Doubt and Do Without' daily mantra Bielsa utilises on is endurance based and is actually the same technique that Psychiatrists have consistently used on my daughter with great success ............. this endurance not only refers to a player’s physical fitness and ability to make it through the entire 90 minutes it's also referring to a player’s mental strength and ability to continue despite the overwhelming fatigue he might feel and the importance of concentration.

As the body fatigues, control, focus, and decision making becomes more and more difficult. Leeds ability to perform both physically and mentally for more than 90 minutes is now becoming crucial to achieving success which hopefully can be sustained with what players we have but also for those that may be arriving too.

The maximum effort I've witnessed from this developing young team game by game against some savvy opposition,coaches and hostile crowds is very special and reminds me of the mid 80's Bremner team when he was our manager,a very special bond indeed.I noticed Leeds have bought houses in Tadcaster close to TA for the younger 18 year olds squad to live in as a group under the supervision of a club 'landlady' which further demonstrates the family atmosphere Bielsa requires at all stages of a players development and also shows Bielsa has looked at the past into the positives of the Revie,Wilko & O'Leary regimes in his meticulous research.

For sure if you are not fit,disciplined & focused consistently despite ability the door will be shown under his stewardship to players already in or contemplating coming in,IMO.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Remember though, what happened to the mediocre players we had last season.

We definatly need to sign at least a couple. Every thing is just touch and go at the minute. We're running on empty and need a boost to finish the job.

Spot on Billy boy, spot on!

Nothing can go wrong now. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    No. Just like Villa (!and Wolves who despite flouting all the FFP rwgs have failed since promotin), Dull have spent and failed and we should have no part whatsoever in acquiring cast offs from such a failed experiment.
    He is not a cast off,hes class and would be a great signing

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Firstly, lets get there, meaning we don't use January to buy anyone unless its extremely needed, which right now, i dont think it is

we have players who will be back by the end of January meaning they will be like new signings anyway

The youth players continue to hugely impress, I dont ever get worried when they come on, they are doing excellent

Players like BPF will get there eventually, remember he doesnt have a proper back 4 yet, it keeps changing all the time, and hes in his first full season as a number 1 GK, I'd keep him in the 11 until we start losing points because of him, so far, we havent!

Personally, I don't see massive value in our loan signings, Baker Brown and Harrison, none of them are bad players, but one hasnt played yet, the other 2 are hit and miss, meaning we have the following

BPF Ayling Berardi Douglas Dallas Jansson Cooper Phillips Forshaw Klich Hernandez Alioski Roofe Bamford, leaving 4 spaces for youth players to step in, Huffer Shackleton and Clarke are regulars on the bench now, leaving 1 final space, now if it was me, it would be Cooper Dallas and Bamford on the bench, close though between roofe and bamford, but you can't question roofes influence right now, while hes scoring and assisting goals, he stays in!, so with those subs you would have a GK, a CB, a FB/Wing, a FB/Wing/CM, a Wing/AMC/ST, a ST, so what would be needed to fill all that out, maybe another CM, or ST, hell i don't know, but to be totally honest, I really like the balance between experience and youth in this squad, its great, so I genuinly wouldnt use January at all

We've got Coyle coming back from another good loan spell, i don't know the situation with the other players loaned out, we've some other players in the U23s doing really well, Marcelo is watching them everytime they play a home match, I honestly think we will be fine

then regarding the PL, IF we hopefully get there, firstly we have to negotiate the senior players currently out on loan, do any of them have a leeds future, or are they all surplus to requirements, I would NOT do a Duddsville and sign as many foreigners as possible, thats what theyve done and they are paying for it now

I'd Definately try and make it so that we have 18 "senior" players, all ours, no loans, I'd then have another 18 players all from the youth academy ready to step in at any given time, players like Shackleton and Clarke are doing superbly, and really, our strongest "u23" squad which could still include the likes of BPF Coyle Denton Phillips etc, is getting stronger and stronger every year because of the experience theyre gaining.

Marcelo says he likes 2 senior players per position, thenb with some youths as backups, that way theres no upset players coz they dont play, its a fantastic solution, it means the club arent wasting money on players not being used, and as we are experiencing this season, it gives the kids a chance to impress and gain experience, meaning that the leeds squad of the future, will have gained experience by the time they all reach 23/24/25 years old

I'm really excited about our clubs future, the futures bright, the futures white!

MOT!!!
    I'm really excited too Clive (you might have guessed)...but I think Bielsa's approach is to have a first-team nucleus of 18, supported by 3/4 youngsters. With Blackman and Saiz gone, we're down to a nucleus of 14, plus Harrison, Baker and Brown. If you look at the bench against Blackburn, it had six youngsters. Yep, the youngster are doing great, but to rely on them so much is potentially a problem.

You lads are getting way above yourselves you bunch of arrogant cnuts.. Lol

You might just have enough points to stave off relegation this season..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    You lads are getting way above yourselves you bunch of arrogant cnuts.. Lol

You might just have enough points to stave off relegation this season..

Pity the same can't be said about bumley. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    The Bielsa recruitment requirements - Mmmm .....?

Just maybe what we've got player wise this season is the maximum that this group of players can 'consistently' deliver some may say.Realistically only a few games in a season will see us totally dominate and allow every 'chance' being taken.

The truth is - No matter how hard they work or how much effort they put in without utilising the Bielsa principle of belief the players will always be limited in their career accomplishments. If you look further into the 'Bielsa approach' at Leeds (and his other clubs) you'll find that the players with a track record of success have fully and whole heartedly embraced his philosophy in all walks of their life physically and more importantly mentally.

This 'Believe and Succeed or Doubt and Do Without' daily mantra Bielsa utilises on is endurance based and is actually the same technique that Psychiatrists have consistently used on my daughter with great success ............. this endurance not only refers to a player’s physical fitness and ability to make it through the entire 90 minutes it's also referring to a player’s mental strength and ability to continue despite the overwhelming fatigue he might feel and the importance of concentration.

As the body fatigues, control, focus, and decision making becomes more and more difficult. Leeds ability to perform both physically and mentally for more than 90 minutes is now becoming crucial to achieving success which hopefully can be sustained with what players we have but also for those that may be arriving too.

The maximum effort I've witnessed from this developing young team game by game against some savvy opposition,coaches and hostile crowds is very special and reminds me of the mid 80's Bremner team when he was our manager,a very special bond indeed.I noticed Leeds have bought houses in Tadcaster close to TA for the younger 18 year olds squad to live in as a group under the supervision of a club 'landlady' which further demonstrates the family atmosphere Bielsa requires at all stages of a players development and also shows Bielsa has looked at the past into the positives of the Revie,Wilko & O'Leary regimes in his meticulous research.

For sure if you are not fit,disciplined & focused consistently despite ability the door will be shown under his stewardship to players already in or contemplating coming in,IMO.

MOT
    Couldn't agree more MrsO. The players are masterfully coached and super-fit, which in combination with the inspirational, benevolent dictator (father-figure) psychology of Bielsa is working wonders, particularly in the final quarter of games. Such inspiration/training takes time, which is why he seems reluctant to bring new players in, however, he does contradict himself in this respect. On the one hand, he states that he needs time work with a player, but on the other he states that his role as an International coach has taught him how to instil his requirements in only a few sessions.

With the squad so engaged, so motivated, I imagine that any new signing will adapt very quickly. The team spirit is remarkable; the system well established; and any mid-season purchase should be at a good fitness level, so even though there is always a risk of upsetting team harmony, the astute purchase of possibly two quality players might help an already over-achieving squad, achieve the ultimate.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)