+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 20 games V Celtic...

Last 20 games V Celtic...

Following on from the McInnes thread and some debate about our record v Celtic, I did a bit of research on how the top teams in Scotland have fared against Celtic in their last 20 games against them (league and cups) - for most of the teams mentioned that goes back about 5 seasons… here's the league table...

Aberdeen - 5W 0D 15L = 15 points
    Hibernian - 3W 5D 12L = 14 points
    Rangers - 3W 2D 15L = 11 points
    Kilmarnock 2W 4D 14L = 10 points
    St Johnst - 2W 4D 14L = 10 points
    Hearts - 2W 2D 16L = 8 points

Obviously some were cup games so no points effectively, but for the sake of comparison I've given 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. One interesting thing is we've not had a single draw against them in the last 20 games, whereas most of the other teams have.

I'm not saying we couldn't have done better in a lot of these games, no doubt we could have picked up some better results along the way. All I'm wanting to point out is that when you look at the stats we actually have a better record than anyone else against Celtic, despite how rubbish it might be!

Why not do it since BR became Celtic manager...it would be a fairer reflection?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Why not do it since BR became Celtic manager...it would be a fairer reflection?
    The whole argument is about McInnes, not about BR surely? But I could probably do that too if you like - was it start of 2016/17 BR joined Celtic?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The whole argument is about McInnes, not about BR surely? But I could probably do that too if you like - was it start of 2016/17 BR joined Celtic?
    I just thought it would be more realistic to get the figures from when Celtic had their new manager as he for some reason is winning all the trophies in Scotland without anyone unfortunately replying. Clarke could be above McInnes as could Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I just thought it would be more realistic to get the figures from when Celtic had their new manager as he for some reason is winning all the trophies in Scotland without anyone unfortunately replying. Clarke could be above McInnes as could Lennon.
    Since start of 2016/17 season...

Hibernian - 2W 3D 5L = 9 points
    Killie - 2W 2D 6L = 8 points
    Hearts - 2W 0D 9L = 6 points
    Aberdeen - 1W 0D 12L = 3 points
    Rangers - 0W 2D 10L = 2 points
    St Johnst - 0W 2D 7L = 2 points

Does make a difference - although Hearts, Hibs and Killie have only actually beaten them once more than we have. They've all picked up some draws along the way as well.

There were peculiar circumstances around the 3pts we did pick up. I don’t think their players or fans would’ve minded that one too much

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There were peculiar circumstances around the 3pts we did pick up. I don’t think their players or fans would’ve minded that one too much
    Indeed, statistics only say so much

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Both seemed pretty well p*ssed off after the final whistle. Fans were giving it to Logan and I can mind Brown, Griffiths and Lustig in particular were getting themselves well worked up after losing.

I personally like the version of events that we managed to p*ss of both cheeks after that result.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Following on from the McInnes thread and some debate about our record v Celtic, I did a bit of research on how the top teams in Scotland have fared against Celtic in their last 20 games against them (league and cups) - for most of the teams mentioned that goes back about 5 seasons… here's the league table...

Aberdeen - 5W 0D 15L = 15 points
    Hibernian - 3W 5D 12L = 14 points
    Rangers - 3W 2D 15L = 11 points
    Kilmarnock 2W 4D 14L = 10 points
    St Johnst - 2W 4D 14L = 10 points
    Hearts - 2W 2D 16L = 8 points

Obviously some were cup games so no points effectively, but for the sake of comparison I've given 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. One interesting thing is we've not had a single draw against them in the last 20 games, whereas most of the other teams have.

I'm not saying we couldn't have done better in a lot of these games, no doubt we could have picked up some better results along the way. All I'm wanting to point out is that when you look at the stats we actually have a better record than anyone else against Celtic, despite how rubbish it might be!
    Fantastic stats Don.
    Always good to be reflective of actual facts.
    Of course we’ve probably played them more as well, given we’ve progressed further in cups than the others over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Of course we’ve probably played them more as well, given we’ve progressed further in cups than the others over the last few years.
    How did that work out for us?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast