+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Last 20 games V Celtic...

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yeah, I hear what you're saying, and I like the analogy too! haha And yeah I do also agree that he needs to try a different approach - I do think he's tried a few things over the last 2-3 years, but it could be argued they're all a variation on a fairly defensive theme. He could go for a gung ho approach next time and we end up getting annihilated 5-0 or something and folk will be moaning even more. As much as everyone says "i'd rather lose 4-0 having a go at them, than lose 1-0 playing defensively" you can bet that if we got spanked 4-0 everyone would be on here just as unhappy! I'd love us to go more offensive against them, but I fear we'd ship even more goals.
    We shipped 4 goals being defensive so what’s not to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We shipped 4 goals being defensive so what’s not to lose.
    Haha another 4 goals? I suppose we scored 3 goals being defensive, so maybe we'd net 6 if we tried attacking more? I don't know - I guess my point with this thread is just pointing out that our record against Celtic isn't particularly worse than any of our competitors - whether you look at the last 3 seasons, or the last 20 games or whatever - Celtic beat most teams put in front of them. None of the managers have found a secret formula to beat them consistently - it's more just one off games where perhaps they play out their skin and Celtic have an off day.

Thanks for putting the effort in and obtaining the stats you provided. Lennon and Clarke both do better than McInnes against Celtic with less funds than Aberdeen.
    Wonder what the stats for the Dons games against Hibs under Lennon and Killie under Clarke are ?

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Wonder what the stats for the Dons games against Hibs under Lennon and Killie under Clarke are ?
    I believe McInnes has decent stats against them but it is about him sh!tting the bed against the current Celtic team we are talking about...try and keep up

Haha another 4 goals? I suppose we scored 3 goals being defensive, so maybe we'd net 6 if we tried attacking more? I don't know - I guess my point with this thread is just pointing out that our record against Celtic isn't particularly worse than any of our competitors - whether you look at the last 3 seasons, or the last 20 games or whatever - Celtic beat most teams put in front of them. None of the managers have found a secret formula to beat them consistently - it's more just one off games where perhaps they play out their skin and Celtic have an off day.
    Just between us...we once let Celtic bang 9 (NINE) past us. That was when we had a manager who wanted to be the Celtic manager instead of the Aberdeen manager. Don’t tell anyone as a few on here will quickly remind us that McInnes isn’t as bad as him. Still the same 3 points lost so maybe McGhee had a point.

Just between us...we once let Celtic bang 9 (NINE) past us. That was when we had a manager who wanted to be the Celtic manager instead of the Aberdeen manager. Don’t tell anyone as a few on here will quickly remind us that McInnes isn’t as bad as him. Still the same 3 points lost so maybe McGhee had a point.
    Really? Wasn't aware of that - sounds nasty.

Anyway, lets go with the all out attack next time - I'd rather lose 8-6 than 4-3!

Aberdeen - 5W 0D 15L = 15 points
    Hibernian - 3W 5D 12L = 14 points
    Rangers - 3W 2D 15L = 11 points
    Kilmarnock 2W 4D 14L = 10 points
    St Johnst - 2W 4D 14L = 10 points
    Hearts - 2W 2D 16L = 8 points
    !
    Thats wrong

Last 20 we have only won

13/5/18 Celtic 0-1Aberdeen
    3/2/16 Aberdeen 2-1 Celtic
    12/9/15 Aberdeen 2-1 Celtic

So it 17:3 in the pigs favour over 20

Really? Wasn't aware of that - sounds nasty.

Anyway, lets go with the all out attack next time - I'd rather lose 8-6 than 4-3!
    We would never score six against Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Thats wrong

Last 20 we have only won

13/5/18 Celtic 0-1Aberdeen
    3/2/16 Aberdeen 2-1 Celtic
    12/9/15 Aberdeen 2-1 Celtic

So it 17:3 in the pigs favour over 20
    That’s f@cked afc1903mad’s debating points for today.

We would never score six against Celtic
    5 penalties..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast