+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Proctor still not fit for playing 90 mins, judging from game at Bolton, and Vassell seems to have been bogged down with injury problems after looking quite good in the pre-season friendlies (admittedly mainly against non-league opposition)... so it's really only about two-and-a-half strikers
    I though that Vassell had played quite well up to his call ups. His injury seems to have festered like others at the club. We seem to be less able to get players fit again than you'd think.

[QUOTE=millertop;39097276]So he wants 4 strikers but we only play one? A striker is someone who puts the ball in the net.Smithy is the only "striker" we have who could score.Anyone who went to Bolton saw that Proctor is no way near good enough.We badly need a quick lad to play alongside Smith.

[QUOTE=MillerBill;39097337]
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    So he wants 4 strikers but we only play one? A striker is someone who puts the ball in the net.Smithy is the only "striker" we have who could score.Anyone who went to Bolton saw that Proctor is no way near good enough.We badly need a quick lad to play alongside Smith.
    Proctor may have looked poor on Saturday but, you only get better and gain full strength and a new feel for the game if you play more. How much time has Warne allowed Proctor to play this season once fit? Therein lies the problem.

Hate to disagree Brin but the injury finished him. No amount of match practice will make him any quicker. Giving him an extra 2 year contract was taking sentimentality to the levels of stupidity. If Proctor is our future then we don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Hate to disagree Brin but the injury finished him. No amount of match practice will make him any quicker. Giving him an extra 2 year contract was taking sentimentality to the levels of stupidity. If Proctor is our future then we don't have one.
    TT, each to their own views and I respect yours. He does need to play more though, *cough* in my opinion.

I have some sympathy for Proctor, because the ball supply to him from midfield was very poor at Bolton. However, he looked burgered after about an hour, and appeared to be asking to be taken off, before he actually left the field

I have some sympathy for Proctor, because the ball supply to him from midfield was very poor at Bolton. However, he looked burgered after about an hour, and appeared to be asking to be taken off, before he actually left the field
    Mike, like I've said, needs more game time.

No amount of playing time will make proctor into a championship striker, the amount of times a team at this level have let him move on should say that.

Liverpool have made Dominic Solanke available for loan.
    Only Palace and Brighton to fend off

Proctor still not fit for playing 90 mins, judging from game at Bolton, and Vassell seems to have been bogged down with injury problems after looking quite good in the pre-season friendlies (admittedly mainly against non-league opposition)... so it's really only about two-and-a-half strikers
    Looks like we're down to only one fit striker left today, plus young Lewthwaite (who is not on the bench)

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast