+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Garlic , And Our Disappearing Team

Mike Garlic , And Our Disappearing Team

Just Give Us A Break!!....
    We Have had enough ,...???

JUST BLOODY MOVE ANYWHERE, And Let someone in!!!

Clueless , Stubborn ,..,POTTS OF GOLD,...Spring to mind

Just had enough of Garlick !!!!!

There is always that,...A Free Pint in Ireland !!

Garlick has always gone on record as saying he'd like investment, he's said it for years, with the stipulation that they must be a Burnley fan, Which in my mind he's saying "I will not let go of this golden goose until I've had my fill).

Well for me he's had his fill, relegation will bring parachute payments but the bulk loss of the PL cash will be severe, and I don't see us coming straight back up and I'd dislike us being a yo yo Club.

Or perhaps he'll treat BFC as his toy like Abramavich does with Chelsea, Obviously without the investment.

I said at the start of Garlick taking over that he was not the man Jon, and him constantly ramming our ears with him being a Burnley fan first and foremost always riled me.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Garlick has always gone on record as saying he'd like investment, he's said it for years, with the stipulation that they must be a Burnley fan, Which in my mind he's saying "I will not let go of this golden goose until I've had my fill).

Well for me he's had his fill, relegation will bring parachute payments but the bulk loss of the PL cash will be severe, and I don't see us coming straight back up and I'd dislike us being a yo yo Club.

Or perhaps he'll treat BFC as his toy like Abramavich does with Chelsea, Obviously without the investment.

I said at the start of Garlick taking over that he was not the man Jon, and him constantly ramming our ears with him being a Burnley fan first and foremost always riled me.
    It Really does look like he is treating it like a toy now Alto,
    Yes, a lot has been mentioned of the training facilities ,..(fine job that"s working out this season) in terms of results.
    Gives Dyche a long term contract worth millions,..(now it looks like we are stuck for the time being)
    No investment, or not willing to invest during summer, is probably going to cost us.
    supporters even contemplating whether to attend or not,..(because of dire football)
    And, he does not look remotely bothered, if we stay up or not.

I have had enough of Garlick and his dithering mentality, Burnley fan or not.
    Time for a change, at the top I think.,..But he probably would not even consider it!!

There were some fans thinking last season Alto that we had become an 'established' PL club, because we were firmly ensconced in the top ten in the league. I pointed out then that, outside of the top six and possibly Everton, there were no established PL clubs, all the others were just one bad season away from relegation. We're now busily engaged in proving that point.

Garlick does seem to think we could have yo-yo club status, but I think he might find that, like 'established PL club', it's a chimera. We'll find the yo-ing down easy enough, but yo-ing back up might be problematic, as many clubs bigger than us have found out.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There were some fans thinking last season Alto that we had become an 'established' PL club, because we were firmly ensconced in the top ten in the league. I pointed out then that, outside of the top six and possibly Everton, there were no established PL clubs, all the others were just one bad season away from relegation. We're now busily engaged in proving that point.

Garlick does seem to think we could have yo-yo club status, but I think he might find that, like 'established PL club', it's a chimera. We'll find the yo-ing down easy enough, but yo-ing back up might be problematic, as many clubs bigger than us have found out.
    Very true, sinkov, and that is why I never worry about the whole situation because it is way beyond our control.

I always thought that we had excelled ourselves by getting to the PL through the play-offs in 2008/9 and it really has been a bonus with everything that has happened since ----except getting into the Europa League which I think has really been at the bottom of our problems this season in more ways than one, because we were just not ready for it.
    In the last five seasons Hull went down having played in the Europa League during the season and Newcastle also just stayed up in their season in the Europa League. The only English clubs that have done reasonably well in the competition are the ones who were accustomed to European competition and had a squad to cope with it ---such as Man United last season.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

I think most of our fans want to see our Club grow in stature (As I Do) but too many see them through Claret tinted glasses.

Yes we did the hard work in getting out of the Championship in the first place (A difficult thing to do as you say Sinkov), the icing on the cake was being able to stay there, Which we have done, which is a feat again in itself.

But again as you say Sinkov, no team out of the cream of the Prem are established, we have average players and I don't think any one of them would get into another team in the PL at this moment in time.

Yes these average players got some good results (Away at Chelsea) in our 7th placed season, which for me proves hard work, belief, determination, stamina and a never say die attitude are a great help, but we needed more help, and a lot more help than the players we brought in.

These fans with Claret tinted specs see Brady, D4, Iceman, Cork, Vokes and Barnes as our Cream players, which they are, but nowhere near PL standard, Vokes and Barnes can score the odd "great" goal , then they are lorded as our saviours, same with Iceman and D4 with some good touches/moves/awareness and fine play, but not consistent enough yet these Claret wearing spectacled fans think they are.

I'm not a Football Manager, I don't think I know more than them or Board members, I just comment on what I see happening to our Club, sometimes I'm wrong like when Dyche took over and in the end to that first season his Football he had us playing was just as Dire as what it is now, I wanted him out, but he turned it around with his training methods of sheer hard work, but like I have said above we need more than a belief and hard work which Dyche has and still is showing a lack of doing.

Gawthorpe needed to be changed and it was, I said, and was honest at the time when I said "It would be the best training ground in the Championship, I was laughed off this Forum for doing so.

Again Dyche/Garlick must be thanked for what they have brought to our Club, but for me you are rated in what is happening today, not what we did yesterday, I have not got a clue what is happening on the training field or dressing room resulting in our poor performances in a game, but it is embarrassing to watch, cringe worthy listening to Dyche's comment on the games and IMO he's not having any affect on making it better which is his job.

I don't class Garlick as Thick, he's a Millionaire in his own right with his business', but being a Football Chairman of a PL Club is way out of his depth with the strategy he has shown, You stand still in the PL and you are left for dead, Garlicks Idea of progress seems to be building new offices at Turf Moor (Which we didn't need) and erecting two concreate towers (that I have only heard about) outside the Bob Lord stand, if that's his idea of maintaining the Team/Club for PL status then I'm a Chinaman.

Yet as you say Sinkov, some fans still believed in Garlick because he's a Burnley fan and continually came out with "In Dyche We Trust"

When are you all going to realise that we can't afford to be in the Premier League?
    You can paint it whichever way you want, however, at the end of the day, without outside investment we will always be amongst the also ran!
    People say that the PL has progressed and we haven't. That is correct, look at how much Wolves and Fulham spent this season because they can afford to do, whereas we just can't afford to pay silly wages. We are a small fish in a big pond and need outside investment to progress further. I realised this after our first season in the PL and, although we have been down and up a couple of times we were always going to struggle because all the teams are getting a similar amount of money but have richer owners.
    We are what we are, in spite of fans being taken in by the riches of the PL ---that money doesn't last forever!

Every indicator I can see points us to returning to the Championship. It will be interesting to see what influence Rigg has in his new job.

I am very much afraid it will be business as usual and if the right money comes in terms of offers we could well end up bringing fewer in than we let go. Garlick wants to develop young players in the same way we did in the sixties and build a production line of saleable assets. I honestly believe he thinks we can yo-yo, benefit from the parachute payments and sell the odd youngster.

I recall getting shot down on here when CT was in charge just for saying, "We lack ambition". I see very little ambition to stay in the EPL this season - do you?

I think most of our fans want to see our Club grow in stature (As I Do) but too many see them through Claret tinted glasses.

Yes we did the hard work in getting out of the Championship in the first place (A difficult thing to do as you say Sinkov), the icing on the cake was being able to stay there, Which we have done, which is a feat again in itself.

But again as you say Sinkov, no team out of the cream of the Prem are established, we have average players and I don't think any one of them would get into another team in the PL at this moment in time.

Yes these average players got some good results (Away at Chelsea) in our 7th placed season, which for me proves hard work, belief, determination, stamina and a never say die attitude are a great help, but we needed more help, and a lot more help than the players we brought in.

These fans with Claret tinted specs see Brady, D4, Iceman, Cork, Vokes and Barnes as our Cream players, which they are, but nowhere near PL standard, Vokes and Barnes can score the odd "great" goal , then they are lorded as our saviours, same with Iceman and D4 with some good touches/moves/awareness and fine play, but not consistent enough yet these Claret wearing spectacled fans think they are.

I'm not a Football Manager, I don't think I know more than them or Board members, I just comment on what I see happening to our Club, sometimes I'm wrong like when Dyche took over and in the end to that first season his Football he had us playing was just as Dire as what it is now, I wanted him out, but he turned it around with his training methods of sheer hard work, but like I have said above we need more than a belief and hard work which Dyche has and still is showing a lack of doing.

Gawthorpe needed to be changed and it was, I said, and was honest at the time when I said "It would be the best training ground in the Championship, I was laughed off this Forum for doing so.

Again Dyche/Garlick must be thanked for what they have brought to our Club, but for me you are rated in what is happening today, not what we did yesterday, I have not got a clue what is happening on the training field or dressing room resulting in our poor performances in a game, but it is embarrassing to watch, cringe worthy listening to Dyche's comment on the games and IMO he's not having any affect on making it better which is his job.

I don't class Garlick as Thick, he's a Millionaire in his own right with his business', but being a Football Chairman of a PL Club is way out of his depth with the strategy he has shown, You stand still in the PL and you are left for dead, Garlicks Idea of progress seems to be building new offices at Turf Moor (Which we didn't need) and erecting two concreate towers (that I have only heard about) outside the Bob Lord stand, if that's his idea of maintaining the Team/Club for PL status then I'm a Chinaman.

Yet as you say Sinkov, some fans still believed in Garlick because he's a Burnley fan and continually came out with "In Dyche We Trust"
    Absolutely agree with everything you have said Alto but........we simply do not have the spending power of our rivals in the PL.Our wage structure also means that no PL standard player(or for better a word mercenary) will want to come to BFC to ply their trade because they can go to any other FC and get double.if one of our players has a decent season then he is snapped up for silly money by another PL club(Keane-now Pope will be next) even itf it means sitting on the bench(Gray,Ings).The club has never fixed the abortion that is called recruiting at the club which just compounds everything.Whichever way you look at it we are on a hiding to nothing.
    Nothing can be done about this now because our Board have dug themselves into a massive hole with Dyche.They gave him a very lucrative contract just when the form turned sour and now we have, like you say, cringeworthy performances but nothing can be done about it because the Manager has no plan B.Couple that with the funds SD has thrown away on sub standard players(Woods,Vydra,Hendrick,Brady,Wells)and now the Board will not want to back him because they will need a backstop for next year in the Championship.
    I,like Supersub, will not be too bothered because firstly we do not have the resources to compete in the PL with the club in its current form and secondly because the PL is turning into everything I despise about the modern game.It can definitely be no longer called a sport because there is no even playing field.It is simply a business and like any other business the biggest dogs always get there way-one way or another.FFP is a joke.The players have little or no connection with the fans and are out of touch with reality.At least when the first ball is kicked in the Championship you cannot say who will finish top and who will be relegated unlike the PL.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 28-12-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)