+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Livi v Aberdeen

I canny stand using that miniskirts line but it’s Hogmanay & replying in full would cut into my drinking time. I’ll get round to it next year

Happy new tidings for all on the forum. If anyone fancies an off-topic thread about the death penalty, murder or any other festive subject later then I'll be on the go after the balls have dropped.... twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We are where we should be. We should have been 2nd in his first full season and we should have won more than one league cup. Our budget was bigger than anyone but Celtics bar the last two seasons with Sevco...they've been a shambles though. Everything else you mention is not objective but it is sophistry.

If we can't compare McInnes to Fergie or even Clarke, then we can't compare him to Brown or McGhee.
    Where should have we finished in 2012/13?

We had a bigger budget than Motherwell,Ross County,ICT,St Johnstone and Dundee Utd yet they all finished above us.

The biggest problem with McInnes for me is he probably won’t win us another trophy,you can say people shouldn’t compare him to Brown and McGhee but that’s exactly what the board are doing,the bar was set very low a long time ago and that’s why he looks good to the happy clappers and Milne.

There’s no desire to take us to the next level,even when McInnes goes the next manager will be expected to do the same job as he has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You’re wandering off down the same path as afc1903mad there. Turn back before it’s too late
    The man is speaking sense.
    You should try it

Happy New Year all fellow dandies when the time comes

Here’s what the chairman thinks of our manager,funnily enough aldo he is comparing McInnes to Fergie too

“December had always been a good month for Aberdeen. Derek has been very consistent. Every year we have been in second every season apart from the first season when we were second until the last kick of the ball and it was dragged away from us.

“I don’t think we have had a manager at this club who has delivered anywhere near that level of consistency since Sir Alex Ferguson left.”

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Here’s what the chairman thinks of our manager,funnily enough aldo he is comparing McInnes to Fergie too

“December had always been a good month for Aberdeen. Derek has been very consistent. Every year we have been in second every season apart from the first season when we were second until the last kick of the ball and it was dragged away from us.

“I don’t think we have had a manager at this club who has delivered anywhere near that level of consistency since Sir Alex Ferguson left.”
    Cant argue with any of that

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We are where we should be. We should have been 2nd in his first full season and we should have won more than one league cup. Our budget was bigger than anyone but Celtics bar the last two seasons with Sevco...they've been a shambles though. Everything else you mention is not objective but it is sophistry.

If we can't compare McInnes to Fergie or even Clarke, then we can't compare him to Brown or McGhee.
    Of course we can compare McInnes to previous managers because there was a consistent trend of underperformance under varyingly similar conditions. That’s clearly not the same as comparing him with Fergie who was operating in a completely different financial environment or Clarke who has been at Killie for 18 months. ICT we’re flying under Yogi Hughes for a while. Should we have brought him in to replace McInnes?

He’s won more than McInnes

So based on your esteemed objective assessment of McInnes, if he ever wins the SC with AFC I'm sure you'll take back everything you've ever said about him.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    So based on your esteemed objective assessment of McInnes, if he ever wins the SC with AFC I'm sure you'll take back everything you've ever said about him.
    Absolutely

The Scottish Cup should be the holy grail for every Aberdeen fan.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast