+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Think of yourself as being very fortunate that you seeing a group of supporters that dislike the current manager. My real dislike of him is his approach when we play in bigger matches (usually Celtic), his tactical inability, his handling of the Hun situation that required a time out during a meaningful fixture and his general negative tactics that he has served up during his tenure. Yes, we are a hard team to beat except when we come up against Celtic but we are a club that is getting held back from progressing. All we care about is more of the same please.
    “Very fortunate”

Ehm naw.......I know the script, much like the travelling dandies yesterday.

However, each to their own.

HNY

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Nail on the heed pal
    My circumstances changed a number of years back due to work and I moved overseas, during my traveling with the dons to very nearly every game home and away i also never once thought of myself as a better fan than anybody else, even today I hardly miss a game (Red TV International) but I still dont think of myself as a better fan than anyone who doesn't subscribe. I do think of myself as a bit less fortunate as the folks who can still go in person week in week out. But when all is and done I have never once celebrated a dons defeat, I want them to win every single game and every single trophy, whats wrong with that.
    I voice my opinion of what I thought went wrong when they lose matches and I congratulate them when they win, fk me I even took my hat off to the donkey when he scored a few goals, but like I have already said and just for the record, Cosgrove is still shyte and its clear over the last couple of games that for him normal service has been resumed

Happy New Year pal

SF
    At least yesterday we got to view the full 2nd half of the match uninterrupted (I wasn’t laughing at the time when it went off mind you).
    It was 3 points against a team whose weekly budget is equivalent to what my business spends on diesel but hey ho it’s 3 points.

All the best lad and look forward to more communication in the new year

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    “Very fortunate”

HNY

What’s your favourite tipple for the new year celebration that you partake in?

You have made a bit of an @rse of that as Clarke who has a lot less of a budget that you lot keep banging on about is sitting above McInnes in the league.
    Most people on this forum wouldn’t complain if Clarke took over from McInnes.
    Has he finished above McInnes? Back in your box.

Obviously there’s no prizes for it but he took more points in 2018 than any other manager, with much less resources. Would you say he was over performing or McInnes is under performing?

What’s your favourite tipple for the new year celebration that you partake in?
    Personally I prefer evostik, however Mrs J likes to dabble with uhu, anyway, the brother in law is swinging a fireball again, with this, there will be no sniffing in the shytehole that is the riviera until the fireballs are deposited into the harbour after we’ve seen in the new year.

SF

That was an excellent result yesterday. Really good.

I was very pessimistic about our chances given the venue, pitch, injuries & suspensions so full credit to the lads for digging out a result.

Managed to watch the second half on a stream. I hope young Anderson is ok but there is no doubt his injury & Wilson coming on changed the game.

I’ve called Wilson out for his attitude and performances a few times, but fair play to the lad, he was first class yesterday.

Some lovely touches, a great instinctive finish for the first, and pace, power, touch and a great final ball for the second.

That’s clearly what he’s capable of. If, and it’s a big if, he could deliver that every week he’d be the first name on the team sheet. It’s whether he can be bothered is the issue.

I also thought young McLennan was excellent again. I’d like GMS to stay (don’t think he will) but I’m far less concerned about him leaving knowing we’ve got this lad in the squad. He’s more than capable of replacing GMS and deserves the chance if he goes.

Another week and another 2 or 3 good chances for May squandered. Just don’t see where a goal from outfield play is coming from.

McKenna’s turn for the defensive brain fart this week. Shocking back pass. Even then Considine could have done better trying to clear his lines. Hopefully the break allows us to get the full defence fit as we really need to cut out the silly mistakes.

Great away 3 points for a great away support and a superb way to end the year. To be 3 points off the top given how we’ve played a lot of the first half of the season is amazing. Sadly, as per usual, I can’t see the Alford neep doing anything to help us push on in the second half of the season. He’ll be happy Sevco are challenging though.

A left back and a ball playing number 10 are the absolute minimum requirements - will we get them? Im doubtful knowing our esteemed chairman.

Anyway, all in all a great way to end the year and go into the break. Hopefully we can get everyone fit and refreshed for the second half of the season over the break.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    “Very fortunate”

HNY
    Each to their own but falls over himself to reply to anyone who dares to raise criticism.
    'each to their own'

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    That was an excellent result yesterday. Really good.

I was very pessimistic about our chances given the venue, pitch, injuries & suspensions so full credit to the lads for digging out a result.

Managed to watch the second half on a stream. I hope young Anderson is ok but there is no doubt his injury & Wilson coming on changed the game.

I’ve called Wilson out for his attitude and performances a few times, but fair play to the lad, he was first class yesterday.

Some lovely touches, a great instinctive finish for the first, and pace, power, touch and a great final ball for the second.

That’s clearly what he’s capable of. If, and it’s a big if, he could deliver that every week he’d be the first name on the team sheet. It’s whether he can be bothered is the issue.

I also thought young McLennan was excellent again. I’d like GMS to stay (don’t think he will) but I’m far less concerned about him leaving knowing we’ve got this lad in the squad. He’s more than capable of replacing GMS and deserves the chance if he goes.

Another week and another 2 or 3 good chances for May squandered. Just don’t see where a goal from outfield play is coming from.

McKenna’s turn for the defensive brain fart this week. Shocking back pass. Even then Considine could have done better trying to clear his lines. Hopefully the break allows us to get the full defence fit as we really need to cut out the silly mistakes.

Great away 3 points for a great away support and a superb way to end the year. To be 3 points off the top given how we’ve played a lot of the first half of the season is amazing. Sadly, as per usual, I can’t see the Alford neep doing anything to help us push on in the second half of the season. He’ll be happy Sevco are challenging though.

A left back and a ball playing number 10 are the absolute minimum requirements - will we get them? Im doubtful knowing our esteemed chairman.

Anyway, all in all a great way to end the year and go into the break. Hopefully we can get everyone fit and refreshed for the second half of the season over the break.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Obviously there’s no prizes for it but he took more points in 2018 than any other manager, with much less resources. Would you say he was over performing or McInnes is under performing?
    It's not an either or question as you well know.

Clarke is over performing given players at his disposal, as is Holt at Livingston.

McInnes underperformed in the Summer transfer market but has overall performed in line with expectations given players at his disposal. I would give Levein a par mark as well given recent injuries. Gerrard has underperformed in league but over performed in Europe so probably par for him as well. Wright probably a par as well.

Lennon has underperformed as has Rodgers

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast