+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Livi v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I’ve called Wilson out for his attitude and performances a few times, but fair play to the lad, he was first class yesterday.

Some lovely touches, a great instinctive finish for the first, and pace, power, touch and a great final ball for the second.

That’s clearly what he’s capable of. If, and it’s a big if, he could deliver that every week he’d be the first name on the team sheet. It’s whether he can be bothered is the issue.
    Agree with all your other points as well as the one above... "It's whether he can be bothered is the issue" - I think that's a fair comment too... the thing I can't fathom though is why did it seem that he could be bothered yesterday but not in some of the previous games? Away from home, in between Christmas and new year, against one of the least glamorous venues and teams he'll play at all season, having been left on the bench to start with despite lots of injuries and about 5 other forwards starting - if ever there was a time for him not to bother it was yesterday! Yet he came on and turned the game. I just wonder if he is very much a confidence player, similar to guys like GMS, and their whole performance often hinges on the first couple of touches they get? The first touch for Wilson yesterday was phenomenal, bringing a high ball down on his thigh and taking the opposition defender out of the game at the same time, turning, driving and playing a good pass... that set him up for the rest of the game. Had he miscontrolled that first ball perhaps he would've given up. If McInnes can work him out and get the best out of him he could be the best striker in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Obviously there’s no prizes for it but he took more points in 2018 than any other manager, with much less resources. Would you say he was over performing or McInnes is under performing?
    The more important question is does Milne think McInnes is over performing or under performing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Personally I prefer evostik, however Mrs J likes to dabble with uhu, anyway, the brother in law is swinging a fireball again, with this, there will be no sniffing in the shytehole that is the riviera until the fireballs are deposited into the harbour after we’ve seen in the new year.

SF
    Forget I asked

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Just a thought RST,maybe shinnie has indicated he will be staying,feck knows,just seems a long time to be out after a head knock unless he's picked up another injury
    DM mentioned in an interview that he was looking forward to getting gms back after the break.

Obviously there’s no prizes for it but he took more points in 2018 than any other manager, with much less resources. Would you say he was over performing or McInnes is under performing?
    I find it quite amusing that Clarke who lets face it has an extremely poor budget is out performing the rest of his counterparts in this league.
    McInnes as others have said didn’t do the business in the summer transfer window so our team has paid the price for the slow start. January transfer window will certainly be a bit of a challenge for him as he generally hasn’t had a decent enough window for a while now (he himself said along those lines last season).
    We could bring Clarke in and punt McInnes and I reckon no one would really miss Del boy.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The more important question is does Milne think McInnes is over performing or under performing?
    Honestly? I don’t think Milnes that fussed either way

I don’t think Milne cares. The manager has a free rein after all.

Beat me to it Mason89

Honestly? I don’t think Milnes that fussed either way
    I would say Milne thinks the sun shines out of McInnes erse so he would consider that he is over performing.

As long as Milne is chairman McInnes will have the job.

I would say Milne thinks the sun shines out of McInnes erse so he would consider that he is over performing.

As long as Milne is chairman McInnes will have the job.
    I am inclined to agree with you Rico.

Clarke has Kilmarnock punching above their weight, therefore are over performing, yet still he is McInness’s bitch

Would Kilmarnock accumulate the same points in 2019? Let’s see.
    Clarke himself has sad tat oppositions are treating them differently of late.
    Their game against Celtic showed that Celtic upped their game against them to beat hem 5-1, as the are near challengers this season.

It’s been a good year for them no doubt
    I would be pleased to see Clarke as Aberdeen manager albeit I don’t think it’s realistic.

Let’s see how consistent he is in the coming year.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast