+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Ground

Your Favourite Ground

As it says on the tin

Fits your favourite ground you have been in

Im lucky enough to have been in the Ernst Happel. That place oozes history. 6 European finals and a European Championship final A great place. A lot bigger when you are in it than it looks on the telly.

Stunning place in a stunning city in a stunning country

Shame i got a 0-0 when i was there. Austria Vienna 0-0 AEK Athens

Pittodrie aside (for matters of the heart rather than its beauty or atmosphere), I would go for Rijeka's old ground for aesthetic reasons (constructed on a rock face) and Real Zaragoza for atmospheric reasons in a tight old old fashioned stadium.

For money spent but retaining class and uniqueness then I would go for Luzern.

It's difficult though because football grounds can impress you for a variety of reasons. For example, I like Livvy because of the sight lines.

I think I would like Braga too but I've never been there

La Bombonera's nae bad.
    Estadio Azteca in Mexico City is awesome.
    Seen a world cup qualifier Chile v Ecuador in Santiago which was ace.
    As you'd imagine, the latino grounds are buzzing their t:ts off.
    PAC - Had a wonder about Montevideo and found the Penarol ground, no game on tho. "***, DRUGS, AND PENAROL" graffiti'd on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    As it says on the tin

Fits your favourite ground you have been in

Im lucky enough to have been in the Ernst Happel. That place oozes history. 6 European finals and a European Championship final A great place. A lot bigger when you are in it than it looks on the telly.

Stunning place in a stunning city in a stunning country

Shame i got a 0-0 when i was there. Austria Vienna 0-0 AEK Athens
    That is a very expansive question.

There are so many memories good/bad from so many grounds of which some are no longer here or have been modernised/sanatised.......with this I’ll go for Highbury......great memories/players and characters on/off the pitch.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    That is a very expansive question.
    It truly is.

Boghead

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post

Boghead
    ^^^ This

I'm nae as well travelled as many on here but I'll throw in the auld Upton Park, proper mannies' grun.

I loved Maine Rd too.

Highbury, Upton Park, Boghead, Maine Rd...you wonder if their fans wouldn’t still rather be playing at these places. Worth keeping in mind before we move to a shoebox in a field

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    ^^^ This
    This.....changing ends at half time, lifts over, the view of the Crags and Floydy starting "give us a D....."

An extremely difficult one to answer. Having seen Scotland abroad 90 plus times and Aberdeen 25 plus times I have seen many cracking stadiums and also some right ****holes. Used to love going to Brockville and the old Tannadice. One which really impressed me was the national stadium in Warsaw, can't remember it's name. The old Highbury was excellent as was White Hart Lane. The Emirates is excellent for viewing from anywhere in the groumd. Was also impressed by the old Metsalla stadium in Valencia. For atmosphere probably Borussia Dortmunds ground or even the Park De Prince when McFadden scored that goal in that win. I honestly don't think I could narrow it down. Too many and for loads of different reasons.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast