+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: History repeating itself???

What is rumoured by ExAgent is just that, a rumour. But David Flitcroft will have targets lined up and we also have Danny Rose, who I probably prefer as a player. Rose scored for fun last season.

And as an FYI, The reason we have 2 threads dedicated to spires and yourselves is because we are enjoying you both having a taste of your own medicine after all the years of pompous peacocking and looking down your nose at us. We went through hell and back and County and Chesterfield fans scoffed at us. We are now merely commenting on it being the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    What is rumoured by ExAgent is just that, a rumour. But David Flitcroft will have targets lined up and we also have Danny Rose, who I probably prefer as a player. Rose scored for fun last season.

And as an FYI, The reason we have 2 threads dedicated to spires and yourselves is because we are enjoying you both having a taste of your own medicine after all the years of pompous peacocking and looking down your nose at us. We went through hell and back and County and Chesterfield fans scoffed at us. We are now merely commenting on it being the other way round.
    Yep, what goes around comes around although the coming around should only be directed at the plebs we (and you) have.

No problem at all with that, all footy fans do it. For me being laughed at by a Stags fan is like being hit around the head with a feather.

For many years, you weren't even on our radar. It's a matter of shame that you were even considered as our rivals. I have never considered a win over Mansfield as something to be proud of, even if right now it is utterly beyond our capabilities. Stick to Chesterfield as your rivals, that's another ****hole so you have more in common.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Bizarre indeed until you take into account that it is a football forum on which you would hope to find some local "banter" by far the most posts on this FOOTBALL FORUM lately have come on the "is Brexit a dead duck" thread, 400+ posts as against the average of 10 or so, if you don't like or can't take a bit of stick then I would advise against going looking for it.
    Why is reading Alan Hardy's or the official Notts Twitter 'looking for it'. If you don't like the Brexit thread, don't ****ing read it.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think Mansfield seem pretty well run. If he returns to forest, they'll bring in an adequate replacement, rather than Matty Virtue. They'll be fine.
    So well run they've just appointed Greg Abbott, imagine the uproar if we'd appointed him, there's probably only Guy Branston we'd like in that role here less than him.

I just don't believe walker is all he's cracked up to be. He misses some real chances. He can seem disinterested too. He does split opinion at Mansfield, people talk about movement and all-round play but I look at the chances he wastes. he's certainly not championship quality, yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    For many years, you weren't even on our radar. It's a matter of shame that you were even considered as our rivals. I have never considered a win over Mansfield as something to be proud of, even if right now it is utterly beyond our capabilities. Stick to Chesterfield as your rivals, that's another ****hole so you have more in common.
    Yup. I don't remember anyone scoffing at Mansfield when they got relegated to the Conference. I honestly don't even remember it being discussed much to be honest, the same with their promotion back into the league. The level of vitriol on their site surprised me, not because I can't take stick, but because I had no idea they saw us in that way.

What medicine? What pompous peacocking? When did that ever happen? Or is that code for 'being in a higher division than us?'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12