+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: History repeating itself???

History repeating itself???

I wonder?

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  15.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I wonder?

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  15.3 KB

If the League 1 loan goes well then he'll move on to the final stage of his development which is giving him a new contract at the City Ground and then never playing him.

I think Mansfield seem pretty well run. If he returns to forest, they'll bring in an adequate replacement, rather than Matty Virtue. They'll be fine.

Maybe they'll start moaning about Forest on Twitter rather than incessantly posting 'mind the gap' on AH's Twitter, whatever the **** that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Maybe they'll start moaning about Forest on Twitter rather than incessantly posting 'mind the gap' on AH's Twitter, whatever the **** that means.
    We gave them plenty of that last season so who can blame them, Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    We gave them plenty of that last season so who can blame them, Bo.
    Yes, I think they may have mentioned that. Reminding us once might have been in order, twice even, but this **** I mean says it every two days and then probably steps back admiring his Tweet like he's said something original. They're not even our rivals any more, we're now looking up at the likes of Macc. In fact, we aspire to be like Macc.

Will H
    ‏ @WilliamHeyes
    Dec 26
    Replying to @Official_NCFC

Mind the gap

https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/st...72206880215040
    Last edited by Bohinen; 28-12-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Yes, I think they may have mentioned that. Reminding us once might have been in order, twice even, but this **** I mean says it every two days and then probably steps back admiring his Tweet like he's said something original. They're not even our rivals any more, we're now looking up at the likes of Macc. In fact, we aspire to be like Macc.

Will H
    ‏ @WilliamHeyes
    Dec 26
    Replying to @Official_NCFC

Mind the gap

https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/st...72206880215040
    Doesn't surprise me - their fans are being seriously ****ish about our demise. There's a thread on their forum about us that's now over 1000 posts long. Most of it seems to be childish insults about our owner's physical appearance. The rest is just general piss taking about the fact we look doomed - oh and criticising our away support while simultaneously going on about how if they keep up their good form, they might be able to average over 5000 at home. Nice.

Seriously though, this is probably the best Mansfield have been for the majority of their fans lives, and the two biggest threads on that site are about us and Chesterfield. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Doesn't surprise me - their fans are being seriously ****ish about our demise. There's a thread on their forum about us that's now over 1000 posts long. Most of it seems to be childish insults about our owner's physical appearance. The rest is just general piss taking about the fact we look doomed - oh and criticising our away support while simultaneously going on about how if they keep up their good form, they might be able to average over 5000 at home. Nice.

Seriously though, this is probably the best Mansfield have been for the majority of their fans lives, and the two biggest threads on that site are about us and Chesterfield. Bizarre.
    Bizarre indeed until you take into account that it is a football forum on which you would hope to find some local "banter" by far the most posts on this FOOTBALL FORUM lately have come on the "is Brexit a dead duck" thread, 400+ posts as against the average of 10 or so, if you don't like or can't take a bit of stick then I would advise against going looking for it.

rather than incessantly posting 'mind the gap' on AH's Twitter, whatever the **** that means.
    I'm willing to wager that the vast majority of them have no clue as to the source of the phrase either. The furthest the few allowed passports have been is a big day out at Meadow Lane

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Bizarre indeed until you take into account that it is a football forum on which you would hope to find some local "banter" by far the most posts on this FOOTBALL FORUM lately have come on the "is Brexit a dead duck" thread, 400+ posts as against the average of 10 or so, if you don't like or can't take a bit of stick then I would advise against going looking for it.
    Being a Notts fan, I'm fairly used to stick. I'm not used to other clubs taking that much interest in our every result, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast