+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Burnley Cup Tie

The Burnley Cup Tie

Reading a couple of the Burnley message boards the club is in a bad place at the moment on the field .

Injury list a mile long , confidence levels at a low and defensively a bit of a horror show and I can't see their fans turning up in anything like decent numbers .

I pretty much doubt the club want to be playing any more cup games than they need to given their PL status is at extreme jeopardy .

Totally free game for us , just go there and have a right good go at them .

It's got all the ingredients for a surprise result to say the least .

14/5 with Skybet , hmmm !!!

Burnley have lost cup ties to lower league teams in recent seasons which suggests that they won't be fielding their strongest side or letting the Cup take priority. I think we've aif a chance but it's a top flight side away at the end of the day. Tough ask

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    14/5 with Skybet , hmmm !!!
    Who's 14/5 Animal them or us ? Like you say it's a free game for us , expecting nothing more than a good day out really, but if we could get something from this game , that's a bonus , suprised they didn't offer us more tickets, thought things were different for Cup ties ?
    Good following though 2 n hafe thousand , already sold out , gerrin to em nowt to lose

Exactly Roma don't show any respect to them or their prem status and get stuck in from k o and hard press them

Burnley, a similar sized town evvin lost its economic base (textiles compared to mining), are our role model of how to gradually progress wiart spending looads.

Yeah SB very similar no big investment in keeping their prem status as us in championship selling their best players and we all know what happens next

2 good wins for Burnley this week, is that good or bad forrus this Saturday ? They could possibly rest a few ,,we've nothing to lose really , so gerrin to em yoo Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    2 good wins for Burnley this week, is that good or bad forrus this Saturday ? They could possibly rest a few ,,we've nothing to lose really , so gerrin to em yoo Reds

We're guin into it on good form an all. A think wiv aif a chance. Ad definitely fancy us if it wor at ooam

Hey up you Yawkies,hope you all have a great day out in Sunny Lancashire on your travels from the dark side ..A week ago I would have given the Clarets no chance the way we are playing ,but Dyche dropped Hart and put the clubs fav person and captain back in goal.Since then we have considerabley improved our football with two very important wins.. We will be making changes for the cup tie,but if you lads get stuck in and give it a go I can see it being a high scoring match whichever way it goes.. Wishing you all the best and safe travels from the dark side and back.. Enjoy your day whatever the result maybe..

Clarets 3 Tykes 2 ...sorry lads..lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast