+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for Independence ?

Time for Independence ?

Its been 4 years since the Independence referendum. Just wondered what the thoughts of the good people on here are a wee bit further down the road.

Should've went for it then and should go for it again at the next opportunity. Now is a good time. What a calamitous shambles Westminster is in now and the UK will follow suite shortly.

Can't wait for all the NO hun wimps to wade in with their selfish, narrow minded, uninformed drivel in support of staying in the UK but not in the EU.

Yes although I can’t see it happening. The SNPs strategy is all wrong

4 years. 4 f*cking years.

I've supported Scottish independence all my life.

I admit right now I would just accept staying in the EU and slowly having our own say in Brussels.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I've supported Scottish independence all my life.

I admit right now I would just accept staying in the EU and slowly having our own say in Brussels.
    To be fair, SNP did well to get the referendum final the last time and finish runners up. Sturgeon has done better than any other SNP leader since the halcyonic days when they nicked the Stone of Destiny.

Surely though, if it went to a second referendum, I know of only one person that could lead the SNP to second place again, and he's currently in a post....

FFS not this again.

Personally I never thought I would want independence but after the last few years of Tory (and Labour to a lessor degree) pish over brexit I have had enough of clueless tossers who really couldn't give a crap about Scotland.
    Last edited by WatsonNimrod; 03-01-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    FFS not this again.
    FFS, what would it take for some people?

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    To be fair, SNP did well to get the referendum final the last time and finish runners up. Sturgeon has done better than any other SNP leader since the halcyonic days when they nicked the Stone of Destiny.

Surely though, if it went to a second referendum, I know of only one person that could lead the SNP to second place again, and he's currently in a post....
    Yes they did well to get a referendum in the first place, but in my opinion the whole vote was rigged from the start, it was a case of if you resided in Scotland you got a vote no matter your nationality, however in the EU referendum I think I'm correct in saying that only British nationals got the opportunity to vote for stay or leaving the EU.
    I think that if the Independence referendum had been for Scots only then we would have been on our own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast