+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Alloa

Quote Originally Posted by chiefers View Post
    What a embarrassment today. One up against a part time team and end up losing
    This team lacks bottle
    Third place is as good as we are gonna get with this squad
    Need big investment in January to get through the playoffs
    At least the fun lost to a half decent team
    Just before they scored, i turned roond tae the wife and said this team are playing like they've the game won already! Need the right players on the park to keep the players riled up to go on and win. Sadly, this is a trait that United have had for many a year, along with the Christmas shut down!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Just before they scored, i turned roond tae the wife and said this team are playing like they've the game won already! Need the right players on the park to keep the players riled up to go on and win. Sadly, this is a trait that United have had for many a year, along with the Christmas shut down!
    I felt the same chick. Seen the equaliser coming cos the players thought the 3 points where in the bag
    Compound that of course by going on to lose the fecking game !

I’m afraid at the moment United just aren’t convincing. I know we have to earn our passage back to the PL but I’d thought by now we’d have gotten to grips with the league and found a way to play.

It just seems that everyone else has found their own ways respectively and we’re still searching!

RN is going to need to work some serious magic if we are to get up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Alloa's first league win over United in 56 years.
    Ffs! Utter embarrassment.

We have almost completely changed our team for every season we've been in this division. The is no way, with this strategy, we were ever going to win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We have almost completely changed our team for every season we've been in this division. The is no way, with this strategy, we were ever going to win the league.
    I agree we need stability. But also need to get up so if that means bringing in more players we have to. Hopefully we can add 2 or 3 quality players without changing the whole team

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We could have won the league with proper investment,DFC scraped up with losses of over 800,000,the Monkey was never gonna follow suit and as i said at the time signing a player deemed not good enough for Falkirk(FN bottom of the Championship)did not auger well.Posters said to me "But that is where we are."
    FN rubbish we are Dundee United the 6th biggest club in Scotland,did Hearts,Hibs or Sevco sign players from the worst team in the Championship and go up?,no they FN didnae,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    We could have won the league with proper investment,DFC scraped up with losses of over 800,000,the Monkey was never gonna follow suit and as i said at the time signing a player deemed not good enough for Falkirk(FN bottom of the Championship)did not auger well.Posters said to me "But that is where we are."
    FN rubbish we are Dundee United the 6th biggest club in Scotland,did Hearts,Hibs or Sevco sign players from the worst team in the Championship and go up?,no they FN didnae,FACT.
    Edit to add,DFC changed their team almost every season because they never had anyone as bad in their boardroom as the Monkey throwing aboot 2 and 3 year contract's to utter shyte,they gave their shyte one year deals to prove themselves or shipped them oot if they failed,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    What an embarrassment to the city of Dundee that its two clubs are dwarfed in Tayside by a club that struggles to get more than 2000 home supporters through the turnstile's honestly i am not having a fly dig at DFC even though they were played aff the park today by ST Johnstone because they would probably have given us 6.
    The city of Dundee is steeped in football history but both teams are currently a mile behind a tiny wee toon's club more famous for its curling rink and its prison.
    Spot on ...but know what's worse they had over 2000 fans with them today...and the only reason for that is they knew they'd win

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Spot on ...but know what's worse they had over 2000 fans with them today...and the only reason for that is they knew they'd win
    They are without doubt the most FN annoying fans in Scottish football in my opinion cause they dinnie really give a shyt if they lose whereas we(both city clubs) are FN gutted if we lose a Derby against each other or v them.I will never forget the day we took thousands up there but Mc Na FN mara decided to rotate the squad and we took pelters and a hammering from a shyte team and a wee band of supporters given a belated Christmas present.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)