+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Hull City ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    we dont need new players, we need our current ones back fully fit
    Best chance in years clive to get back to the Premier..why not try to make sure with 2/3 quality additions to add to the current squad?

To not bring anyone in could be the difference between the play-offs and Automatic promotion.
    Last edited by Rev72; 29-12-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColombianWhite View Post
    That cheered me up , lights out then 3-4 , well done fat Frank !!

MOT
    Wow, I had retired to bed to cry thinking thy had won 3 -2 - certainly didn't expect that to happen, just shows how fickle this league is I would have been more pisssed if we had done that

We definitely need our defence back up to strength, 6 goals conceded in the last three games - cannot continue like that if we want to stay fighting at the top of the table. And I agree, we have looked tired and a bit short of ideas for the whole of the last two matches, so one or two quality additions going forward would definitely help us - even if just to freshen things up a bit. And I have to say, I'm starting to think we can't rely on Bamford and/or Brown because I just get the feeling they're never going to be fully fit and firing on all cylinders for us, or at least not until it's all done and dusted one way or another this season.

21 points out of 24 if that is the stat in the next 24 points that will be great you cannot win every game THAT IS A FACT

Just watched the highlights. two goals that should never have happened, we were didn't clear well at all; Norwich and Derby didn't look much better

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    We definitely need our defence back up to strength, 6 goals conceded in the last three games - cannot continue like that if we want to stay fighting at the top of the table. And I agree, we have looked tired and a bit short of ideas for the whole of the last two matches, so one or two quality additions going forward would definitely help us - even if just to freshen things up a bit. And I have to say, I'm starting to think we can't rely on Bamford and/or Brown because I just get the feeling they're never going to be fully fit and firing on all cylinders for us, or at least not until it's all done and dusted one way or another this season.
    Errmm, second best defence in league for conceding goals and thats with a makeshift back four for months now, And stale you say, Look at the possession stats ffs we battered them in that respect, Yes we need to kill teams off but 6 wins and 1 loss and the fkin moaning on here is ridiculas, EVERY team we play will have chances because the way we play is risky, and for me long may it continue as i fking love it. We do need a few additions to make our squad better not so much the first 11 when all fit.

imo the first 11 of

GK BPF
    DR Ayling
    DL Douglas
    DC Berardi
    DC Jansson
    DMC Phillips
    MC Forshaw
    AMC Klich
    RW Alioski
    LW Hernandez
    ST Roofe

is a bloody good 11 at this level, the bench aint too shabby either

Huffer
    Cooper
    Dallas
    Shackleton
    Clarke
    Roberts
    Bamford

a good mix of youth and experience on that bench, I've discounted our loanees as I'm thinking longish term future here

with the other youth backups who keep coming along and doing really well, I'm happy with the current squad, and I believe we will be promoted this season

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Errmm, second best defence in league for conceding goals and thats with a makeshift back four for months now, And stale you say, Look at the possession stats ffs we battered them in that respect, Yes we need to kill teams off but 6 wins and 1 loss and the fkin moaning on here is ridiculas, EVERY team we play will have chances because the way we play is risky, and for me long may it continue as i fking love it. We do need a few additions to make our squad better not so much the first 11 when all fit.
    Spot on.

Pete do you think any of the seniors weve loaned out could improve the squad under Marcelo? hes done so well with others who we thought were average to crap, theres 6 in total, DeBock Anita OKane Cibicki Sacko and Ekuban

from what i know, i think OKane is out for the season with a broken leg while on loan at luton, obviously wish him a speedy recovery, horrible injury to get. but I think the other 5 are still fit and playing.

heres my thoughts on them, DeBock aint at Douglas level, hes not a bad player, he had 1 or 2 bad games and got destroyed for it, i think theres a decent player there, but not of BDs ability

Anita was never played in his best position, but his best position is DMC, currently held by Kalvin, Anita aint gonna dislodge Phillips from that role at any point in time, spo for me, anita is a no

cibicki, we didnt see a vast amount from him, was signed as a striker but played more on the wing, not a bad crosser of the ball, but again, i just feel hes fairly average, theres no attribute that sticks out as being particularly good, a bit like the others mentioned so far

Sacko, 1 player out of this group who does have a quality of his play, that being electric pace, it was always his end product that let him down though, that killer pass, the accurate cross, the shot on target etc, IF that could be coached on him, then theres a player there, I would not say no to him having 1 last chance in a leeds shirt, if all that can be coached into him, I have a feeling though, and i wont lose sleep over it, that his time, along with all these mentioned, with leeds, is over

Ekuban, hes basically sacko mark 2, and both really good lads too, apparently both were great in the dressing room with the other lads, having a good attitude never goes a miss imo. pace and strength in abundance with Caleb but again, just couldnt find the net enough, and for a striker, if you aint scoring, assisting, or creating space for others coz youre bringing the opposition out of position, its gonna let you down, but hes the other who i think could benefit from Marcelos training, but again, i dont think he will get another chance

those 6 were loaned out because we couldnt sell them and they wouldnt be guarenteed gametime, and with all being over 23, theyd demand gametime

Could sacko and ekuban provide decent backup, or would they just be taking up space

Theres are reasons those 6 were shipped out.
    Its Sunday and its Christmas and it would be inappropriate to use the words to describe those reasons.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)