+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top of the League - must make it count

Top of the League - must make it count

Fantastic first half of season, majority of football played has been topnotch, & league position doesn't lie, but surely with the business end still to be played out, MB / Rads / Orta will seriously look into strengthening in Jan window, as this could be clubs best chance for years to get back into the Prem.
    Yes players are slowly returning from injury, but think CB & Striker positions need backup -
    Phillips & Berradi ( once fit ) must return to where they are most effective, midfield & RB / LB, both have shown their limitations at CB, which leaves only Cooper and maybe Halme.
    Upfront, Roofes been superb, but both Bamford & Roberts, both returning from long term injuries / lacking game time etc, Clarke seems best suited as impact / sub role at present.
    A couple of additions, could just be the difference come May, plus the chasing pack, Norwich / WBA / Boro / Derby, all likely to add to theirs.
    Lets try and secure automatic promotion, rather than the lottery of the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Fantastic first half of season, majority of football played has been topnotch, & league position doesn't lie, but surely with the business end still to be played out, MB / Rads / Orta will seriously look into strengthening in Jan window, as this could be clubs best chance for years to get back into the Prem.
    Yes players are slowly returning from injury, but think CB & Striker positions need backup -
    Phillips & Berradi ( once fit ) must return to where they are most effective, midfield & RB / LB, both have shown their limitations at CB, which leaves only Cooper and maybe Halme.
    Upfront, Roofes been superb, but both Bamford & Roberts, both returning from long term injuries / lacking game time etc, Clarke seems best suited as impact / sub role at present.
    A couple of additions, could just be the difference come May, plus the chasing pack, Norwich / WBA / Boro / Derby, all likely to add to theirs.
    Lets try and secure automatic promotion, rather than the lottery of the play-offs.
    In MB we must trust, If any manager knows what he wants from the transfer window then its him, just enjoy the ride its awesome. I am sure he will be backed with what he wants.

MB needs a Plan B for Park the Bus, hit on the counter teams.

Only position I think we definitely need is someone to replace what we've lost with Saiz going because I don't for a second believe we are going to ever see a fully fit and firing Izzy Brown and we can't gamble promotion on him being fit

Know there is a lot of argument about it but id also like a goalkeeper in on loan like Tom Heaton on even Rob Elliot, just someone to give BPF competition

have to agree with pete on this one

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Only position I think we definitely need is someone to replace what we've lost with Saiz going because I don't for a second believe we are going to ever see a fully fit and firing Izzy Brown and we can't gamble promotion on him being fit

Know there is a lot of argument about it but id also like a goalkeeper in on loan like Tom Heaton on even Rob Elliot, just someone to give BPF competition
    Agree Joel,
    Goalkeeping back up never a risky option to squad mentality, Currently only Pablo in the cretive role - he gets crocked and we would be in trouble.
    Other than that think players coming back and the kids will see us through.

there is argument for having 2 playmakers and 2 goalkeepers, can't disagree there, and i think the club did right letting saiz go, his head wasnt with it, so theres no point him coming on and only giving 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Agree Joel,
    Currently only Pablo in the cretive role - he gets crocked and we would be in trouble.
    I have been wondering if either Roofe or Klich could play that creative 10 role if Bamford was CF?

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I have been wondering if either Roofe or Klich could play that creative 10 role if Bamford was CF?
    sure Roofe could - when we had Wood he often played in a withdrawn role and the games I saw live did okay. The only problem being that most of those around him were geared more towards hoof ball/lump it/have it football so his quality was wasted.

Actually think Clark (though maybe he needs another season first) or Alioski could play there too. Alioski has such high energy think he would trouble teams with a free role.

Fact is the squad quad is two down from the start of the season; Blackman and Siaz so sure they will bring in replacements. keeper seems a certainty. Siaz replacement I suspect only if they can get a player MB wants.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Neither have them have the vision of Pablo, we need someone who can create and pick passes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)