+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tony's OBE

Nice one Tony,
    Nice one son,
    Nice one Tony,
    Let's have another one.

Still waiting for mine. Expect it will be in the post later today.

Good old radio sheffield, they never disappoint do they!

As part of their football heaven matchday coverage, the sports bulletin (read by a local journalist) announced that harry kane and gareth southgate were to be honoured in the New Years Honours List. Not one single mention of Tony Stewart. Can you just imagine if a sheffield chairman had been honoured, would our wonderful licence fee funded LOCAL radio station have mentioned that do you reckon?

I try not to let it get to me, but it does. It does get to me. It makes me angry. I/we pay for that shower and we pay exactly the same fee as a dee dah does. But my god are we treated as second class customers.

I don't know what's worse; radio dee dah not knowing about Tony's award, or them knowing but choosing not to mention it in their local sports round up when talking about kane and southgate being honoured!!

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Good old radio sheffield, they never disappoint do they!

As part of their football heaven matchday coverage, the sports bulletin (read by a local journalist) announced that harry kane and gareth southgate were to be honoured in the New Years Honours List. Not one single mention of Tony Stewart. Can you just imagine if a sheffield chairman had been honoured, would our wonderful licence fee funded LOCAL radio station have mentioned that do you reckon?

I try not to let it get to me, but it does. It does get to me. It makes me angry. I/we pay for that shower and we pay exactly the same fee as a dee dah does. But my god are we treated as second class customers.

I don't know what's worse; radio dee dah not knowing about Tony's award, or them knowing but choosing not to mention it in their local sports round up when talking about kane and southgate being honoured!!
    It gets to me too, no mention on Sky this morning when they reeled the honours off, no mention from EFL either.

****ers.

What’s Harry Kane done for his MBE ? (Haven’t read about it)

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It gets to me too, no mention on Sky this morning when they reeled the honours off, no mention from EFL either.

****ers.

What’s Harry Kane done for his MBE ? (Haven’t read about it)
    Haven't you heard? He Captained the England side to a semi final in the World Cup.....farcical! Why Kane and not ALL the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Haven't you heard? He Captained the England side to a semi final in the World Cup.....farcical! Why Kane and not ALL the team?
    I was hoping there might have been another reason, community work or something.

Agree Brin about the whole team

Nothing at all on this on the BBC website (S Yorks edition) or on Sheffield Star

Well done Tony, well deserved. Get us out of the current dilemma and we'll be pushing for that knighthood

Well deserved Tony brilliant news

Very well deserved, what he's done for the Millers is fantastic and I for one will always be very grateful

Deleted.

Well done Sir.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast