+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Bristol City v The Millers

MillersMad Matchthread - Bristol City v The Millers

Well so far folks it's been a horrible festive football period. We saw good play against WBA but they were just too goos and then we had the worst game of the season against Bolton that we could have done without losing.

We're half way through the season and we've played everyone now. Jees we're not in the bottom 3 which I know it's been said before but it surely is the objective of the season to stay out of there.

It ain't going to be easy and the most uncertain part of the season approaches. The transfer window opens soon and that will see money thrown about like confetti. Unfortunately not for us and we do rik seeing some of our better players being taken by clubs above us. It's the way of the world! Of course we won't want to see them go because they've done well for us and we won't have to sell anyone because to get replacements will probably be more expensive in the long run but that is out of our control!

It really is out of our control. As fans what can we offer to the club? We can only buy from the club shop and pay our money for tickets. It's nowt really as football goes in a financially perverse business.
    The only real thing we can do is to continue to show our support! We can complain when things go wrong on the pitch or show our dissapointment when we have a player snatched from us at the 11th hour!

Would we have it any other way? The players that we have are giving us everything! The management is doing so, so well against the odds and the Chairman OBE Anthony Stewart has given us our club back!

All we can do is support the team and hope that when the final whistle goes that we've picked up some more points.

Will that first away win come today?

I would love to say that win will come today.
    Honestly can’t see it tbh I’ll cheer the team on of course and if we give it our best and that is not enough so be it.
    I’ll take a draw right now.

Well spoken 🐸

2-1 Millers

Just in pub 20mins from ground

Come on you MILLERS

Come on lads. Bring us home 3 points and make our new year start on a high!!!

Good luck to the Millers - I can't go today. Vyner definitely can't play in this game, plus there may be some other changes due to injuries. Will Jones (if fit) play?... or maybe even Hinds?

Froglet, another common sense post well done.

Win today? can't see this happening but will hope we do. Divine intervention is what we need so I'll do a small prayer to the man above.

Hinds? The forgotten man. Can't see Jones playing by recent reports, thing is, he is quality when fit.

Would like to see Wiles given more playing time too as neither Vaulkes or Towell are pulling up any trees.

We need to attack from the start and this means both Taylor and Williams have to start. Should Newell start then I have to seriously have to question Warne's tactics. Having said that, I hope Newell scores a hat trick and rams this down my throat!

Rodak;
    Jones,
    Ajayi,
    Robertson,
    Mattock;
    Taylor,
    Vaulks,
    Wiles,
    Williams;
    Towell;
    Smith.

SUBS
    Price,
    Wood,
    Raggett,
    Palmer,
    Manning,
    Forde,
    Newell

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Rodak;
    Jones,
    Ajayi,
    Robertson,
    Mattock;
    Taylor,
    Vaulks,
    Wiles,
    Williams;
    Towell;
    Smith.

SUBS
    Price,
    Wood,
    Raggett,
    Palmer,
    Manning,
    Forde,
    Newell
    Frog is this a wind up? That is a very positive approach exactly what I was saying re: Wiles, Jones, Taylor and Williams whilst dropping Newell.

Jones and Wiles starting... looks like Proctor could be out injured
    Four midfielders on the bench and two centre-backs, no forwards... let's hope that Smithy doesn't get crocked! I know that they are inexperienced, but it would have more balance with Lewthwaite and Hinds as two of the subs
    Last edited by mikemiller; 29-12-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Vaulks was last seen turning himself inside out whilst chasing shadows!

Great to see Jones turning up and I hope he stays fit enough until the end of the season.

Is that Wiles first start? Brillian for our own to get a go.

Would have liked to have seen Palmer in there holding and playing the ball simply as he does. He'd have helped Vaulks out more than any other player.

Towell for me has looked tired for a while and a rest would have done him good. Can't chase chickens or ducks every day and keep fresh.

No striker on the bench at all and the most creative players ont bench.

I'm having my rant now and before it spoils the taste of the beer!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast