+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xmas Horror Show

Xmas Horror Show

Every year the same. A terrible result like the Dumbarton two years ago.

Gap to Ross County now going to be hard to bridge.

Need some reinforcements and wins throughout January. Not another new year where we go missing for couple of months

Gutted with today

sadly a recurring theme that happens every year basically since selling GMS and Armstrong
    lets hope it doesnt have the same ending like previous years.
    our constant reliance on having to bring boys in during the window and get form in the 2nd half of the season to do anything is becoming frustrating as hell. I'm not arrogant enough to be suggesting we should have wrapped up the title by now but i would like to go into a window or new year without having to pull something out the hat. too much to ask?

do people have faith in Neilson to stop the trend?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    sadly a recurring theme that happens every year basically since selling GMS and Armstrong
    lets hope it doesnt have the same ending like previous years.
    our constant reliance on having to bring boys in during the window and get form in the 2nd half of the season to do anything is becoming frustrating as hell. I'm not arrogant enough to be suggesting we should have wrapped up the title by now but i would like to go into a window or new year without having to pull something out the hat. too much to ask?

do people have faith in Neilson to stop the trend?
    I think many will have faith in Neilson ,the problem is the crock of shyte he has inherited from the Organ Grinder,his Monkey and the Clown they employed and refused to sack.To add insult to injury the Monkey then allowed the Clown to throw about long term contract's like FN confetti.
    My thought's were last April when Martin backed Shabba regardless of where we finished was 17/18 and 18/19 season's were write off's,nothing has happened yet to change my mind.I feel sorry for the new owner because i honestly do not think he know's how difficult a task he has and how much money it will take to finally be rid of the legacy of The loser's who have wrecked our once proud football club,FACT.

2 home games before the cup game then Ayr away. Need to get back on track and hope there are teams below us that will take points away from the ones above. Rebuilding the fortress needs to start next week!

Sorry folks, but with the same personnel we have more chance of winning strictly come dancing than promotion - absolute crap today.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I think many will have faith in Neilson ,the problem is the crock of shyte he has inherited from the Organ Grinder,his Monkey and the Clown they employed and refused to sack.To add insult to injury the Monkey then allowed the Clown to throw about long term contract's like FN confetti.
    My thought's were last April when Martin backed Shabba regardless of where we finished was 17/18 and 18/19 season's were write off's,nothing has happened yet to change my mind.I feel sorry for the new owner because i honestly do not think he know's how difficult a task he has and how much money it will take to finally be rid of the legacy of The loser's who have wrecked our once proud football club,FACT.
    IMO the problems do still come from those decisions to hand csaba the keys to tannadice.

ICT away last season was match for me that should have been final straw with csaba.

He was said to have lost the dressing room but the solution decided at for that was letting him get a new set of players. Fair enough doing that if csaba was the right man but he obviously wasn’t.

I back Neilson 100%. He’s talked a lot of sense and done well since coming in. I don’t think though he realised the scale of the problems here.

If Neilson is back then I’d guess we would be likely to go up in 2020. But then a team coming down might invest heavily. One team might suddenly run away with it.

We are in same position as every year in championship. We have to focus on getting out of this league ASAP and this season.

Sadly that means we have to try and work the harder transfer window in January and improve the squad then and chop away a lot of dead wood.

Consequences of not going up this season remain bad. Don’t know how long Ogren will want to fund major losses if we are stuck in championship. I imagine his plans are based on an immediate return to the premier

He’s only been owner for a week. Let’s not go mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    He’s only been owner for a week. Let’s not go mental.
    Think that is the nugget of info that is keeping me sane for now!

Getting good players in in January would be great but hoping they come in and make an instant impact would be asking too much.

We ain't winning the league so getting a team on the park with the ability to get us up is best we can hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Getting good players in in January would be great but hoping they come in and make an instant impact would be asking too much.

We ain't winning the league so getting a team on the park with the ability to get us up is best we can hope for.
    All i have to say is Alex Lyng and Emil Nichols!

Fingers crossed the correct man has been doing the recruitment for this window and he is a man of his word and he gets the 3-6 players he knows he needs.

Depending on what level they are at and what their fitness state is, they aint gonna come right into the team and hit the ground running. As far as i see, we have to see off Partick and Dunfermline with what we have and hope we have a good base to build on by the time all the new players are in and ready!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)