+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time for Bruces mate Elmo to do one!

Time for Bruces mate Elmo to do one!

Yes im afraid he is simply a liability today infact, he has been really poor and found out all over xmas.

Just seen the highlights today, he was a joke.
    Hopefully Bree will take his place on Tuesday with Elphick slotting into the CB role.
    With all 3 teams at the top slipping up today, a little run could get us right up there! Who knows??

Blimey Bruce at fault again? Every time we loose it's his fault. I blame Lambert personally.

Didn't see the game but we're sure are letting 3 points slip to much

We did not lose bongo but Elmo above all has had a shocking xmas and yes he came to villa cos he follows bruce around, dont be surprised to see him off to sheff wed?
    He scored an own goal today but more than that he got skinned down the right on many occassions and we were lucky that on one occassion their forward hit the post!

No, time for him to go. Get a left back in and put Cafu back in there at RB!

We defiantly need beefing up in defence. Elphick will help and the new keeper seems a quality addiction. We haven't had a decent keeper since Friedal. Kind of shows were only as good as our no1. Cahill yes please obviously.
    Fingers crossed Dave.

I believe Cahill deal is a nono but brentfords LB is on the cards?
    I think by the time i take my seat next Saturday v Swansea, the defence could look quite different?

I've always thought him to be too slow for a wing back and better suited to a right midfield role, he is too easy to beat.

Sadly it also looks like Hutton has lost the pace he had to make those lung busting last gasp tackles that allowed him to take the risk of bombing forward. Having said that he needs the midfield to protect him by slotting in when we lose possession - that cross he delivered with his left peg to Hourihane was delightful.

We really miss our Jack, we are far more balanced with him in the side and the threat he creates by drawing in 2 or 3 of the opposition.

I heard Hutton is our fastest player?

Is that before or after the arrival of McGinn and Bolasie though?

If Hutton is our fastest player then we are in trouble!
    Yes we are missing Jack and anyone who had doubts about him should just look at our performances since the baggues nobbled him.

I think it was based on last seasons team

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)