+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The DERRY

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    So you agree that having an all ticket arrangement for the DERRY has no direct impact on the behaviour of fans...

Why the hell have it then?
    That's been the whole point of my contributions to this thread. My view is that when we explain that there has been no "trouble" in the SE since the seating arrangements were changed, we ask for the all ticket entry system could be changed to allow, on an experimental basis, for the provision of a PATG turnstile for the SE. Calling the chairman of the licensing committee names and trying to create a grievance culture is absolutely pointless, IMO. We need to emphasise the point that the PATG attendances for the SE have dropped, particularly for the OF and Aberdeen games, and it is ***** that the club try to get a PATG turnstile for the SE. I'm hopeful that JN or at least some of those supporters who have access to the board will be able to at least try to encourage this change. The DSA will have people who speak to the board. An analysis of ticket sales, by the board, will be possible and I would hope that a convincing case for the restoration of PATG directly into the SE will be an obvious thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The simple answer is that the Chairman of the Dundee City Council Licensing Committee is Councillor Stewart Hunter who is a DAB.
    to be fair, the humiliation of being relegated at Dens was probably too much for him and his dab cronies, leaving them incredibly bitter. I'd imagine he also wanted an end to the young lads congregating at the corner lending great support to the team hence making it all-ticket so they are forced to sit elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In my opinion it is up to the Dundee based supporters to ‘collar’ their local councillor and demand an explanation why a Dab supporting Chairman of the Dundee City Council licensing committee has demanded that supporters have to queue up twice to gain admission to the South Enclosure at Dens.
    It has nothing to do with health and safety. In my opinion it is just Councillor Stewart Hunter being petty because we relegated his team on 2nd May 2016.
    He'll tell you it's the police who requested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    to be fair, the humiliation of being relegated at Dens was probably too much for him and his dab cronies, leaving them incredibly bitter. I'd imagine he also wanted an end to the young lads congregating at the corner lending great support to the team hence making it all-ticket so they are forced to sit elsewhere.
    Decision was made before the Doon Derby.

It's only ever been an issue after derby victories, so not the doon derby but the ones previous then. I don't remember any mayhem after any other games, maybe running towards the away fans after a goal. Anyway, didn't do the froots any good but we're now left with a flaccid derry and staring at relegation. Job done and Nelms complicit at every step

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    It's only ever been an issue after derby victories, so not the doon derby but the ones previous then. I don't remember any mayhem after any other games, maybe running towards the away fans after a goal. Anyway, didn't do the froots any good but we're now left with a flaccid derry and staring at relegation. Job done and Nelms complicit at every step
    Why is John Nelms complicit in the police and council slapping a closure notice on The Derry? He's certainly complicit in entering into discussions to mitigate the decision so I'll give you that. I suppose if you really wanted to twist it you could say it's his fault The Derry's all ticket and there are physical barriers to prevent the dangerous surging because he could have done nothing and it would now be derelict so I really can't see where people are finding fault here.

In my opinion John Nelms is responsible for our league position because he hired the (very clearly) wrong man in Neil McCann. We needed experience at that time and we got a project. He'll have learned from it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Councillor Stewart Hunter was a disaster as the Education Convenor and he is also a disaster as the Chairman of the Dundee City Council Licensing Board.
    Prior to becoming a full time Dundee City Councillor Stewart Hunter worked n the stores in NCR which in my opinion is another case of putting a square peg in a round hole.
    I have previously had dealings with Councillor Hunter on a personal matter regarding the ‘coveri up’ at Kingspark Schooll when Michael Russell the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Life Long Learning knew nothing about it. Councillor Hunter would not listen to my comments which I made by email and it was a waste of time trying to reason with him.
    Another Councillor promoted to his level of incompetence.

Decision was made before the Doon Derby.

From memory I think it was made as a result of the Doon Derby and there was a rush to get the works carried out before the start of the next season.
    Either way Dundee City Council was full of Dab Councillors who made life as difficult as possible for Dundee Football Club. Why do you think that all sort of council sponsored events were held in Tannadice including the Knitters. Lord Provost Bob Duncan and Councillor Stewart Hunter are both long time Dab supporters. When did Bob Duncan last attend a Dundee home game at Dens in his role as Lord Provost of Dundee City Council. To my knowledge never unless he was sitting in the Bob Shankly Stand supporting his team.

In my opinion that would be another cop out. Why would the police request that supporters have to queue up twice to gain admission to the South Enclosure. The gates for each stand are linked to a central computer which advises when each stand is nearly full.
    How do I know this.
    I was on bucket duty on the Partick Thistle game at the last home game of the Dee-Fianant season and I was told that the people on bucket duty in the South Enclosure stopped collecting at 2.45pm as the turnstiles were closed due to the South Enclosure being full.
    Last week I received an email from a friend who used to sit in the South Enclosure but he no longer goes to the games at Dens because of the current fiasco of having to trail up to the ticket office to purchase a ticket for the South Enclosure and then trail back down to the turnstiles to gain admission to the South Enclosure.
    I hope that John Nelms or one of his Lackies are reading this topic They should now realise why attendances are continually falling at Dens and driving Dundee supporters away with their crazy ticket policy.

Anyone who thinks a councillor makes decisions based on which team they support has problems. Councillors going to the dump for functions? I am guessing the facilities there are more suitable for the needs.

As for having to go from the SE to the ticket office and back,why is anyone going to the SE first,when they know they need a ticket from the shop?

Saying that,the state of things at dens appears to be going downhill pretty quickly. When looked at individually,the hoses,the all ticket Derry, my own personal favourite,the less turnstiles open in the Derry when the OF are in town,are all pretty minor issues. Taken as a whole, combined with the on pitch issues,it becomes a problem.

Everything I see about the club just now seems a bit mediocre,and that is being generous,but claiming councillors have it in for us,and going to the Derry without a ticket are pointless.....

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)