+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The DERRY

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I don’t know for a fact, but I’m inclined to believe it as a fact, is that ok
    Yes, opinions are fine.

But they're not always facts.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Taintedice has a point about the financial situation facing DFCSS just before the investment from FPS. I think the fact that FPS did invest in the club was essential.
    Sounds like DFCSS are about to get a whole lot richer

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The two Dundee FC directors believed the fans would back DFCSS and reject FPS so one argument gone. For the record I was part of the revolt against the DFC / DFCSS board at that time as were all current incumbents (bar maybe one) so why you need to keep blaming DFCSS for that term is beyond me, it was the current DFCSS people that drove the change.

Pretty sure FPS hired Hartley and bagged the useless Brown; stretching it a bit to blame two guys that were long gone for that one.
    FMc was the acting Chairman at the time who signed off on everything, especially budgets. Don't think Forbes had a formal position with the club, but it was just the two of them running it, 2 DFCSS directors. Although, Gardiner ran them so maybe some slack is due. Not sure what your comment about FPS hiring Hartley is about, I've already said that, and that it would have cost a bit to do that. As for those two thinking fans were on their side, I'm afraid that doesn't surprise me, knowing one of them as I do. But if you're calling both of them out as rogue operators, then that's fine. Apart from DF still being a director at DFCSS, is that correct?

Any truth in the rumour DCFSS were forced to act to sell shares and get out the way because of this thread
    Last edited by Taintedice; 10-01-2019 at 12:26 AM.

I thought that the DFCSS board tried to negotiate with FPS and when they had a proposal they took it to the members.
    You mean certain directors being able to keep their blazers? You must recall the events from the final meeting where the vote took place, the hostility from Forbes, the warnings if FPS took over etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    FMc was the acting Chairman at the time who signed off on everything, especially budgets. Don't think Forbes had a formal position with the club, but it was just the two of them running it, 2 DFCSS directors. Although, Gardiner ran them so maybe some slack is due. Not sure what your comment about FPS hiring Hartley is about, I've already said that, and that it would have cost a bit to do that. As for those two thinking fans were on their side, I'm afraid that doesn't surprise me, knowing one of them as I do. But if you're calling both of them out as rogue operators, then that's fine. Apart from DF still being a director at DFCSS, is that correct?

Any truth in the rumour DCFSS were forced to act to sell shares and get out the way because of this thread
    DFCSS won’t have any cash shortage if DF just gets his sharpie out....

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post

One of the two you mention is a large part of the reason I felt I had to leave the DFCSS board, not because he's necessarily a rogue operator though. I barely know the other one so wouldn't know if he was a rogue operator or not.

The comment about Hartley is that it was John Nelms that hired Hartley thus incurring any cost of his pay off which you are claiming was part of the £800,000.You really can't blame Forbes and McDonald for that - you can blame Gardiner to some extent however because he hired him despite it being obvious he was never the man for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    One of the two you mention is a large part of the reason I felt I had to leave the DFCSS board, not because he's necessarily a rogue operator though. I barely know the other one so wouldn't know if he was a rogue operator or not.

The comment about Hartley is that it was John Nelms that hired Hartley thus incurring any cost of his pay off which you are claiming was part of the £800,000.You really can't blame Forbes and McDonald for that - you can blame Gardiner to some extent however because he hired him despite it being obvious he was never the man for the job.
    Dave Forbes might be a blazer wearing signature faker but he deffo didn’t hire Hartley, or any other manager.
    John Brown was the manager before and after Forbes had his 172 days stint in the Dens Boardroom

Hi Rross. I thought hmac would be able to set me straight. If you think it's unfair to ask him to comment on specifics I'll withdraw my request. This thread has been one of the best we've had on here for some time. Almost like back in the old days with some discussion and nobody just being on a wind up. Taintedice has a point about the financial situation facing DFCSS just before the investment from FPS. I think the fact that FPS did invest in the club was essential.
    I don't mind the question - it is of course clear that after Admin DFCSS had the shares but this was at considerable cost to the club, for example DFCSS benefitted from a rent negotiation at Dens which saw DFC pay too much in the long term but get support from the landlord to take over. In addition the claim on the DFCSS website (as a at 10.20am CET today) that "The Society played a pivotal role in harnessing support to again save the Club from liquidation in season 2010/11. Having set a fundraising target of £250,000 the money raised by supporters exceeded this figure, as a result, the Club survived and the Society took control of a majority shareholding" is at best misleading and in my opinion simply false. I'll be clear once again as I've said it publicly before, DFCSS did not save the Club in Admin 2 - the 3 major players in that were Brian Jackson, the Colvins and Bob Barclay. There were others of course but these 3 players were the most significant.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    I don't mind the question - it is of course clear that after Admin DFCSS had the shares but this was at considerable cost to the club, for example DFCSS benefitted from a rent negotiation at Dens which saw DFC pay too much in the long term but get support from the landlord to take over. In addition the claim on the DFCSS website (as a at 10.20am CET today) that "The Society played a pivotal role in harnessing support to again save the Club from liquidation in season 2010/11. Having set a fundraising target of £250,000 the money raised by supporters exceeded this figure, as a result, the Club survived and the Society took control of a majority shareholding" is at best misleading and in my opinion simply false. I'll be clear once again as I've said it publicly before, DFCSS did not save the Club in Admin 2 - the 3 major players in that were Brian Jackson, the Colvins and Bob Barclay. There were others of course but these 3 players were the most significant.
    When's the book oot H?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    When's the book oot H?
    Never mind the book, get Netflix involved

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)