+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: The DERRY

Quote Originally Posted by HuddersfieldDee View Post
    Respect the view, but the owner's were looking for an answer in October, DFCSS have gone to the few remaining members three months after that deadline.
    Make no mistake the owner's are looking to make money, that will not happen through football, it is certainly achievable through development of land. The club is a tool for that, merger is irrelevant to that, so why would they?
    everybody looks to make money thats for sure
    however im personally over the moon that dfcss had the foresight to safeguard the club as we know it back at admin2,by the a shares,if the yanks have a statement then lets here it,the old put up or shut up variety will suffice.

all this is doing is trying to divide the punters and that only makes their objectives(whatever they are) all the easier,add to the fact that a local director has only recently walked then i smell a big pile of steaming dundee utd

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi Taintedice.
    If you had been present at the meeting you would have heard that FPS could easily purchase enough of the ordinary shares held by DFCSS to reach their 75% majority of shares held.
    However FPS want to purchase the A shares which in my opinion is for one reason only. To get rid of the entrenched rights in the A shares which could result in;
    1. A move from Dens Park
    2. Payment of dividends
    3. Amalgamation with the Dabs
    4. Change of strip colour to say tangerine
    There are other entrenched rights but these in my opinion are the main ones.
    No doubt some posters will say that you cannot pay dividends in a company makes a loss. However private equity firms have been doing this in the UK for years. Paying annual dividends to themselves and loading the corresponding debt onto the company concerned This also avoids paying corporation tax on any profits in future financial years.
    I wasn't invited to the meeting so couldn't go. Your post doesn't really add anything to this discussion, just repeating what even blaspheming non-members know. I'll give you credit for coming up with the strip change to tangerine, though, that's a good one

Hi HuddersfieldDee.
    One of the problems of having 4,000 members of DFCSS was it was almost impossible to call a Special Meeting as 10% of the membership had to sign the notice requesting the meeting and what was to be discussed. That means that 400 members had to sign the notice which was difficult when members lived all over the UK and beyond.
    If DFCSS had 4000 bonafide members, FPS wouldn't have won the vote. Any chance of you coming over to the real world?

Hi Shaded,
    Although Steve Martin has been punted from the board and directors box I understand that he is still a partner of FPS. It will be interesting to see what happens with FPS when they transfer their shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited to Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited as was stated in the latest annual accounts published in March 2018.
    Steve Martin is not and never has been a member of FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    If DFCSS had 4000 bonafide members, FPS wouldn't have won the vote. Any chance of you coming over to the real world?
    I was at the meeting in Gardyne. I don't know how close the actual vote was but for me it was a very straightforward decision to support the offer from the Americans. I felt that if the vote had gone against them and we had kept the fan based ownership model we would have had to implement substantial cost savings and perhaps see our club slip down the leagues.

That for me was the real world.

Vote described as overwhelming in favour of FPS. It's a pity the minutes aren't available from DFCSS's tenure, it would have been interesting to know how they intended to fund the club and whether promotion was still the primary objective. Safe to say, the death of Rangers was instrumental in keeping the club afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Vote described as overwhelming in favour of FPS. It's a pity the minutes aren't available from DFCSS's tenure, it would have been interesting to know how they intended to fund the club and whether promotion was still the primary objective. Safe to say, the death of Rangers was instrumental in keeping the club afloat.
    Some minutes are available to read from 21st February 2009 until after 31st July 2010 inclusive http://www.dee4life.com/downloads-and-minutes

Quote Originally Posted by speroni View Post
    Steve Martin is not and never has been a member of FPS

Not according to the enclosed article in the Courier in July 2013. Steve Martin and Bill Colvin are quoted as partners of Football Partners Scotland along with John Nelms and Tim Keyes. https://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/f...fans-concerns/

Some minutes are available to read from 21st February 2009 until after 31st July 2010 inclusive http://www.dee4life.com/downloads-and-minutes
    Then they disappear for a few years Islay. Why?

Shows how dumb they were, if they'd left out this so-called archive, no-one would be any the wiser. What do the rules say about keeping minutes? I had a look but couldn't see anything.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)