+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The DERRY

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Constructive....Jesus b cram what's the point when people are saying "clear evidence of potential fatalities"......If those that are happy to accept the status quo can talk nonsense....let's all join in.

I'd love to see the mystery cctv footage that has apparently scared the bejesus oot of Deeranged.
    Sit doon, shut up, say nothing, now look into my eyes, when I say sleep........

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    OK. The load of nonsense is the idea that you can PATG for the MainStand and you can't do the same for the SE. IMO, It is not a load of nonsense that the club had to accept these conditions in their attempts to negotiate the continuing use of the SE. I am trying to suggest that the club should be trying to get a PATG option for the SE. Do you have anything constructive to put forward?
    Im still waiting for a genuine specific reason why the Derry had restrictions put on it.

And why gaining entry by ticket makes it any safer?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

No
    Mmmmm

From the guy who thinks queuing twice is agreat idea 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Oh and from what I've heard from family members there's been evidence of crushing at lessor gardens but I doubt the DAB council will serve a notice on themselves.
    No they won't, completely agree. They will come down very hard on the operator whose responsibility it was to operate in a safe manner and devise a plan that reduces the risk of crushing. Here's where the negotiation breaks down for us. To keep the SE open we had to negotiate something and all ticket entry was the option accepted, I imagine, after the seating arrangements were altered.

I know it doesn't address the behaviour of our fans directly in any physical way but it has had the desired effect. My view is that we should ask for a variation in our licence to allow a PATG turnstile for an initial period to prove that the alterations to the seating arrangements were sufficient and the ticketing change has not been necessary.

I think we do need to ask for change and accepting the current situation is the complete opposite of what I think we should be trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Im still waiting for a genuine specific reason why the Derry had restrictions put on it.

And why gaining entry by ticket makes it any safer?
    Hope my reply to Rross makes it clear that I agree with the point you have made. It don't know for certain what the answer is but no matter how we got to the situation we are in, it seems to me to be reasonable to ask for a PATG turnstile at the SE. It is hurting our club attendances and I can't see any reason why this restriction must be retained.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Hope my reply to Rross makes it clear that I agree with the point you have made. It don't know for certain what the answer is but no matter how we got to the situation we are in, it seems to me to be reasonable to ask for a PATG turnstile at the SE. It is hurting our club attendances and I can't see any reason why this restriction must be retained.
    So you agree that having an all ticket arrangement for the DERRY has no direct impact on the behaviour of fans...

Why the hell have it then?

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    So you agree that having an all ticket arrangement for the DERRY has no direct impact on the behaviour of fans...

Why the hell have it then?
    The simple answer is that the Chairman of the Dundee City Council Licensing Committee is Councillor Stewart Hunter who is a DAB.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The simple answer is that the Chairman of the Dundee City Council Licensing Committee is Councillor Stewart Hunter who is a DAB.
    Nail on head, !!!

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Nail on head, !!!
    **** sake lads you're beginning to sound like the paranoid old firm chunts.
    The reason for the changes to the derry is health and safety goin mad as usual. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    **** sake lads you're beginning to sound like the paranoid old firm chunts.
    The reason for the changes to the derry is health and safety goin mad as usual. Simple as that.
    In my opinion it is up to the Dundee based supporters to ‘collar’ their local councillor and demand an explanation why a Dab supporting Chairman of the Dundee City Council licensing committee has demanded that supporters have to queue up twice to gain admission to the South Enclosure at Dens.
    It has nothing to do with health and safety. In my opinion it is just Councillor Stewart Hunter being petty because we relegated his team on 2nd May 2016.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)