+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: El Kessocko

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Dumbarton recently played ICT in a final & took considerably more fans than they did. They couldn’t sell their allocation for the 2014 final either.

They’re clubs that add nothing. Shyte, inoffensive supports. The only Aberdeen fans that seem to get excited about these matches, all seem to be on this thread If they attract ‘large’ crowds playing each other, then that would still happen in the Highland League. Better for them & better for us.
    “Shyte,inoffensive supports”

“better for us”

Fellow posters........ I think this mason chap meant to type “better for me”

Fellow posters......I also think this mason chap prefers the poisoned hatred of other clubs rather than the family atmospheres created by ICT/Ross County.

When we finally won a trophy, I ventured into The Springfield Vaults to celebrate, obviously we were happy, the locals were not and “tried” to make that clear.....Irish songs and such like.......that was soon stopped and when the ICT supporters came in we cheered them shook their hands and explained that we were normally the bridesmaids......we then inoffensively bought each other drinks whilst the offensive “supporters” slipped out the door to the lovely/quaint East End night.

As always

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post

Fellow posters......I also think this mason chap prefers the poisoned hatred of other clubs rather than the family atmospheres created by ICT/Ross County.

SF
    Of course I do. So do most others, given the attendances. Are you honestly suggesting that people would rather have the family friendly atmosphere of a Ross County match? F*ck right off

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    It’s a pretty bizarre set-up. Livingston home support have the whole of one stand side and us the other. Both goal ends would have been left unopened if it was not for our PATG customers of 757 (we took 3,757 and only sold 3,000 tickets). Given the attendance was 5,548 Livi only had 1,791 supporters which is bizarre. Actually did look like they had around 2,500.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/l...on/attendances
    Was a little sarcastic place looked empty other than Dons fans. Anyway for me it was the chumps at the SFA (no really) we needed LESS teams in Scotland and they introduced more. Makes sense Inverness having a senior team but Annan , Peterhead , Elgin - really? From memory there's 3 league teams within a ball hair of Falkirk how does that make sense?

But Mason is being contrarian focussing on the highland teams there's too many teams period where they come from is irrelevant.

I would never have extended the leagues but I don’t agree that there’s too many clubs. Whenever the folk running the game have these mental ideas, they always focus on the bottom league, rather than where all the problems are. At the top. Geography is important though. It’s a bit much to ask fans to travel to the Arctic Circle to watch a match. Letting so many euchter teams in was a mistake.

I would never have extended the leagues but I don’t agree that there’s too many clubs. Whenever the folk running the game have these mental ideas, they always focus on the bottom league, rather than where all the problems are. At the top. Geography is important though. It’s a bit much to ask fans to travel to the Arctic Circle to watch a match. Letting so many euchter teams in was a mistake.
    So is Annan a Ship Building or other such industrial conurbation? I would have thought Dumfries and Galloway might be equally Teuchter qualified as Ross and Cromarty? It might not be in the Arctic Circle but it's practically in Guffland. We have Berwick lets invite Carlisle and Barrow.

Do you have one of those clocks that is back to front mirror style?

Still it's better than being Obsequious or a pishlexic more entertaining to read.

I wouldn’t have let Annan in either but it’s only and hour & a half away from civilisation, down a motorway. It takes ages to get to Dingwall, through heavy snow, to arrive in the pitch black & with nothing to eat other than Puffin suppers

I wouldn’t have let Annan in either but it’s only and hour & a half away from civilisation, down a motorway. It takes ages to get to Dingwall, through heavy snow, to arrive in the pitch black & with nothing to eat other than Puffin suppers

All the more reason for summer football you could do the journey in daylight even if you walked!

It takes ages to get to Dingwall, through heavy snow,
    It takes me 15 minutes.

Suck it up.......and as well as Puffin and chips, try the haggis, neeps and tattie pies (made locally at Deas bakers with Cockburns of Dingwall's award winning haggis).

Best in ground snack in Scotland.

Do you get a Fulmar supper?

Best black pudding I ever had (fnar fnar) was in Dornoch.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    It takes me 15 minutes.

Suck it up.......and as well as Puffin and chips, try the haggis, neeps and tattie pies (made locally at Deas bakers with Cockburns of Dingwall's award winning haggis).

Best in ground snack in Scotland.
    Oh great haggis in Dingwall (Jocky's?). Mrs Under tried to bring me some back once and had it confiscated in Dubai as a security risk!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast