+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: El Kessocko

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    No problem. By our football I’m referring to people who don’t heat their homes with whale blubber. It’s great they take an interest in it but surely that’s what the Highland League is for? I don’t see where this love in for County & ICT is coming from & I very much doubt it’s reciprocated. It’s ok to disagree with that but I’d rather go to Hamilton a hundred times than return to Dingwall
    Once again, you dilute any valid argument you have with smart arse (and not funny at all) comments.

I'm from the Black Isle, so County were my wee Highland League team when I was growing up. Probably been to Victoria Park more times than Pittodrie. Aberdeen were always my big team ever since I saw Joe Harper score a hat trick (can remember against who) on Sportscene. If I lived in Scotland, who knows, possibly like my brothers, County would become my big team. So no love in, just support for my wee team and an affinity for ICT given their location. If I were home, I would much rather go to Victoria Park or ICT than go to Hamilton, Paisley, Livingston etc.

No problem. By our football I’m referring to people who don’t heat their homes with whale blubber. It’s great they take an interest in it but surely that’s what the Highland League is for? I don’t see where this love in for County & ICT is coming from & I very much doubt it’s reciprocated. It’s ok to disagree with that but I’d rather go to Hamilton a hundred times than return to Dingwall
    Folk take you way too seriously You'll end up facing a horrible homoerotic death from someone on here. I'll run a book.

That’s absolutely fine. All I was saying is that they shouldn’t have been let in as they weakened both the leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Folk take you way too seriously You'll end up facing a horrible homoerotic death from someone on here. I'll run a book.
    I know who my money would be on

That’s absolutely fine. All I was saying is that they shouldn’t have been let in as they weakened both the leagues.
    You still haven't explained in what way they weakened the SPL or SPFL. Care to elaborate. Just a couple of simple sentences will do.

Aye an ab mad fatwa will be issued amongst the happy clappers

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    You still haven't explained in what way they weakened the SPL or SPFL. Care to elaborate. Just a couple of simple sentences will do.
    Not necessarily an argument I would agree with as such but the general consensus seems to be that there was already too many clubs in Scotland. How could adding four clubs from the Highland League, two of which have done precisely f*ck all, strengthened it? I bet the chairman in the lowest league running their clubs on tight budgets, love seeing an away fixture at Elgin or Peterhead coming up. Or a home fixture when there’s no possibility of an away support.

I'm watching a movie the now where that's part of the plot.........aye,nae the ICT/County thing..... the other thing.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I'm watching a movie the now where that's part of the plot.........aye,nae the ICT/County thing..... the other thing.
    Sounds like a nice Christmassy film your watching.

Not necessarily an argument I would agree with as such but the general consensus seems to be that there was already too many clubs in Scotland. How could adding four clubs from the Highland League, two of which have done precisely f*ck all, strengthened it? I bet the chairman in the lowest league running their clubs on tight budgets, love seeing an away fixture at Elgin or Peterhead coming up. Or a home fixture when there’s no possibility of an away support.
    I agree that there's too many clubs in Scotland and that Elgin and Peterhead haven't really added that much, if anything, to the leagues. However, your original comment related to just County and ICT who I think have added plenty to the league. I believe there are far too much southern clubs and some of the attendances bear this out. However, let's park this argument here. I'm sure everyone's getting bored of it by now. Cheers.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast