+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Proud of the Kop today

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    ****housery from am opposition player.
    True, their number 3 yesterday deserves a BAFTA for his performance.

The players and the Kop were a credit yesterday, if we can keep it up we will soon be out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    The players and the Kop were a credit yesterday, if we can keep it up we will soon be out of trouble.
    Great performance to build upon, but that level of commitment and endeavour has to become the norm, not a one-off. Tough game against Oldham on Tuesday - not quite sure why they sacked their manager last week, but it didn't do them any harm at Port Vale on Saturday, winning 4-1.

The question is, to change a drawing team or not? I'd be tempted to bring Turley in for Duffy for the extra physical presence at the back. I'm also not sure if Vaughan can last another 90 minutes on Tuesday, so maybe start him and then bring Crawford on after an hour and tell him to get stuck in. (Husin did nothing in his cameo to suggest he can step up; ditto Thomas.)

And then there's Milsom. His contract ends tomorrow, I assume, and by my reckoning he's had 16 league starts for the club. Does that automatically trigger a new deal, as the rumours suggested? Is it possible to sign a new deal and get the paperwork done tomorrow, assuming we're re-signing him, so he can play on Tuesday (which is also a day before his 32nd birthday)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12