+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Proud of the Kop today

So Proud of the Kop today

Not only I am proud to say that I am a Notts County supporter after today's game; I am extremely proud of the support that the Kop gave to the team from kick off to the final whistle. Their commitment to the cause was magnificent and I guess the Bury players supporters and staff would have been shocked. There is no doubt that the players left nothing out on the pitch, and all the Notts fans, but particularly the Kop must have been like a 12th man.

Well done to everybody connected with the team today. Let's hope and believe this is the beginning of better times ahead.

A couple of comments from the Bury message board (Beardyman's Big Bury Board):

Radcliffe Loyal: "Notts. denied us space, won most of the 50/50 challenges and dominated the game for 75 minutes. I'm sure they took heart from the noisiest home crowd I've encountered this season."

ExiledinEdgeley: "Notts County had 7.000 there today, have a vastly superior revenue stream and are at the bottom of the league. Anybody who was there today I`m sure will agree with how well and positively they were supported."

Yes, amazing stuff. Funny how our support is often criticised by other clubs, yet we got the biggest home attendance in L2 yesterday despite being bottom of the football pyramid and coming off the back of awful results.

The fans are so starved of any kind of joy that one 0-0 draw with a bit of commitment had us singing like we were top of the league.

To be fair though Slack, all I ever want from players in the Black n White shirts is complete commitment. Players like David Pipe were loved at The Lane because of how busy he was on the pitch, how much he ran and how committed he was to the shirt, despite his limitations. Compare that to fans perception of Craig Westcarr, who had undoubted ability, scored goals, but was often accused of being lazy. Comments that could apply to Enzio.
    If the players apply themselves consistently like they did yesterday they will win a lot more games than they lose, they will take us away from trouble, and all will be well at The Lane.
    COYPs

So proud of the team and all County supporters yesterday.

The crowd were magnificent and were behind the players all.the way through, but that's as much because the players worked hard from minute one. The crowd spurred on the players and vice versa.

The crowd at Notts will always get behind the team, but it's a 2-way street and the players have to earn it.

It was also great to see the subbed players receiving standing ovations.

Walking away from the ground afterwards, I loved hearing the Kop singing so loudly when the players came over. I really hope this was a turning point.

Came over yesterday for the first time in a long time. Sat in the Kop and it was magnificent. I thought the team played well and they must take positives out of the game. Such a pity JS duffed the pen, still, onwards and upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    To be fair though Slack, all I ever want from players in the Black n White shirts is complete commitment. Players like David Pipe were loved at The Lane because of how busy he was on the pitch, how much he ran and how committed he was to the shirt, despite his limitations. Compare that to fans perception of Craig Westcarr, who had undoubted ability, scored goals, but was often accused of being lazy. Comments that could apply to Enzio.
    If the players apply themselves consistently like they did yesterday they will win a lot more games than they lose, they will take us away from trouble, and all will be well at The Lane.
    COYPs
    Always a bit of a Chicken or Egg scenario when it comes to vocal support but from my new home in the Pavis it was obvious even befor KO that the Kop were up for it yesterday. As some of my mates on here know I am not 100% happy in my "new home" mainly because I seem to attract the moaners, but the other thing that I have noticed is how well the Pavis can & do join in with the Kop & follow their lead, this is something that you do not always appreciate when sat in the Kop along with the noise created by visiting fans. COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Always a bit of a Chicken or Egg scenario when it comes to vocal support but from my new home in the Pavis it was obvious even befor KO that the Kop were up for it yesterday. As some of my mates on here know I am not 100% happy in my "new home" mainly because I seem to attract the moaners, but the other thing that I have noticed is how well the Pavis can & do join in with the Kop & follow their lead, this is something that you do not always appreciate when sat in the Kop along with the noise created by visiting fans. COYP.
    Interesting to read that, it's always been a bit of a myth that the main stand is a morgue. Although there is no organised chanting, plenty join in with the Kop singing and there is always loads of applause and encouragement for simple things like a good tackle. I loved the way we defended from the front yesterday, and the chasing and blocking from Stead and Dennis drew lots of applause all around me. I get your point about moaning, I try and restrict mine to the officials but it's hard not to have a moan when you don't think the players are putting in the effort. That was never an issue yesterday, and the support from all the home stands was excellent.

Win lose or draw, if the players do their bit the supporters rarely let them down.

I liked what a manager - I think it was David Flitcroft - said recently: that he sees it as the players’ responsibility to get the crowd buoyed up, not vice versa. When the Notts fans are in full voice, it’s easy to see the reasons: Total commitment from the players; efforts on the opposition goal; ****housery from am opposition player; and, last but not least, a rubbish ref. Yesterday we had all four.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast