+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jenkins statement

Jenkins statement

Chief Executive Mark Jenkins says that most of the parachute payment has gone on wages for retaining the present squad and therefore little left for transfers in this window. Mr Lai will not be pumping anymore money into the club and we need to trade within our finite budget.

It ponders the question, and reiterates the comment by the previous Chairman, are we just now a mid table Championship side? Our income, our budget, our crowd size, our clubs ambition for me says categorically we are just that, a Championship side.

Do others agree or am I just suffering a bit of a hangover this morning and all will be better in the New Year. If we are does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Chief Executive Mark Jenkins says that most of the parachute payment has gone on wages for retaining the present squad and therefore little left for transfers in this window. Mr Lai will not be pumping anymore money into the club and we need to trade within our finite budget.

It ponders the question, and reiterates the comment by the previous Chairman, are we just now a mid table Championship side? Our income, our budget, our crowd size, our clubs ambition for me says categorically we are just that, a Championship side.

Do others agree or am I just suffering a bit of a hangover this morning and all will be better in the New Year. If we are does it matter?
    At the end of the day it is all down to ambition, JP's was to make as much money out of the club as possible by selling it to someone who clearly has no interest in football, Lai has clearly realised his mistake of paying far to much for the club and will not sanction any spending in January unless by some luck we get promoted this season i see us as a mid table championship club for quite a while.

Classing yourself as a mid table championship club leads to being a League One “giant” like Sunderland.

For League Two side Bournemouth seem to do quite well.......can we not even aspire to be Bournemouth Mr Jenkins?

The sooner the poison dwarf plant f u c k s off the better,I didn’t trust this horrible little runt from day one!

Wolves get Fosun and we get another Bob Cratchett.

In my 57 years Albion have not once had the excitement that a super wealthy owner with the right intentions can bring......it really p e e s me off.

I hate to say it but Wolves were a joy to watch last night....quality owners,quality players and only the scruffy fans letting the side down.

If Fosun dish out clothing vouchers in 2019 they’ll have the full package.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post

I would say its about right to say we are a championship team & probably not in the top six biggest clubs in the championship, great old history but thats about it . & If we don't get up this season which i have my reservations, we will be a championship team for a good few year , because our better players will be off next season & the parachute payments get less ,

No doubt if we go up they'll be the first on the balcony taking the plaudits.
    If money is being tied up with wages then the likes of Field, Leko, Harper Edwards need to be shipped out on loan. Hoolahan, Mears can do one as they too are a burden and shouldn't have been signed if money was that tight.
    We'll never have a better chance to go up. Money needs throwing at it now. So what if it breaks the rules ffp. I don't see that effecting Bournemouth, Leicester and Wolves who did exactly that.

Furthermore the head of recruitment can go as well as he clearly ay needed. What was the point in employing him?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)