+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players Are Tired

Players Are Tired

I have been catching up today on after match comments of both Pochettino of Spurs and Puel of Leicester City. Both are using tiredness as one of the reasons for yesterday's defeats to Wolves and Cardiff. This may be true to some extent, but if either side had won, i doubt tiredness would have been mentioned at all. Its a squad game and for Wolves Nuno isn't afraid to rotate his starting eleven to keep his players fresh and 100%.

I actually mentioned at half-time yesterday that i didn't think Spurs had got into second gear against us and i expected them to step it up in the second half. I'm glad they didn't!

The fixture list can often be used as an excuse, but i always find amusing that come a major tournament, either cup finals, champions league, Euro Championships or World cups, players are often available for selection.

We didn’t get out of second gear against Huddersfield or Watford and paid the price. Tiredness? The whole squad? As you say it’s all about rotation and while they’ve got a few out injured I’m sure they’re squad has greater depth than ours?

They were better than us first half, we were better than them second half... simple.

I looked on a few message boards pre match, the general opinion was that we would park the bus but they would hammer us anyway...

On their message board post game all they could talk about as how tired their poor babys were. They didn't realise we had pulled the old "rope a dope" routine on them. Pathetic

Tired they should try doing some fif**** hour night shifts, then they would know what tiredness is. I wouldn't mind being tired on a hundred grand a week. Perhaps they should get rid of their dolly bird wives.

Just been back for another look, a guilty pleasure, and another thread has appeared. This one is a player analysis which is less emotionally charged 😁 and we get some credit. The first post is an incredibly detailed analysis, fair play to the author.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Just been back for another look, a guilty pleasure, and another thread has appeared. This one is a player analysis which is less emotionally charged �� and we get some credit. The first post is an incredibly detailed analysis, fair play to the author.
    Have book marked that message board, it will be interesting to check back on it occasionally to see how they think their season is progressing. You were right there were actually a couple of well reasoned posts on there.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    We didn’t get out of second gear against Huddersfield or Watford and paid the price. Tiredness? The whole squad? As you say it’s all about rotation and while they’ve got a few out injured I’m sure they’re squad has greater depth than ours?

They were better than us first half, we were better than them second half... simple.

I looked on a few message boards pre match, the general opinion was that we would park the bus but they would hammer us anyway...
    The Tottenham squad definately has greater depth than ours, but it's how the manager/head coach uses those at his disposal. We got our just rewards for our second half performance.

I think there's certain elements of every club that has a bit of arrogance about them. Those clubs at the top end of English football only thing their side have to turn up and three points are guaranteed. I'm glad it doesn't work out like that in reality.

Name:  Boly v Spurs dt.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  101.2 KB

Tiredness doesnt explain defending like this!

Quote Originally Posted by wycombewolf View Post
    Name:  Boly v Spurs dt.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  101.2 KB

Tiredness doesnt explain defending like this!
    Hiya Wycombe, been a long time, hope you are keeping well.

Spurs must have had some sleep because ten of the starters against us , start today against Cardiff!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)