+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Oldham Athletic 01.01.19

Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Oldham Athletic 01.01.19

Oldham 1 - 2 Notts

Stead, Vaughan

777 Notts fans

0 - 0

480 Notts Supporters

The last time I went to Oldham was in the 70s, a time of strikes and power cuts. Me and two mates stopped off on the way for a meal and we had to eat it with candles on the table for illumination. A romantic candle-lit meal, NOT. We weren’t the only ones not to score, as I think the game ended 0-0.

I’ll go for a 1-1 draw this time. 642 pies. Stead from the penalty spot.

1-0 to Oldham, but if the Royal Navy ferry service is up and running then we could have our new Iranian strike force. Still 1-0.

Oldham 0 Notts 2 but no hat eating if I'm wrong because some erberts round these parts are looking for a fall guy.

Oldham 1 - 1 Notts

Kellet

Impossible to predict. Which Notts side will turn up? The one which went down to abject defeats against Cheltenham, Grimsby and Macclesfield, or the one which held on against Tranmere and impressed against Bury?

And for that matter, which Oldham side will turn up? The one beaten 6-0 by Carlisle on Boxing Day, or the one which won 4-1 at Port Vale three days later?

I’ll go for 1-1, with absolutely no expectation of being right.

Looking forward to my first visit since the early 90s and their plastic pitch.
    Notts win 1-2 At 780.

Here's the easy prediction: It will be raining stair rods.

Now the hard part: Notts to win 2-1 (damn you, Notts County, with your one encouraging performance getting me believing again), with goals from Kellett and Bird. 521 Notts fans in attendance.