+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pride of The Midlands

Pride of The Midlands

Just for a change We are. Happy New year Boggie's !

Congratulations and a very Happy New Year to you too Doghead.

Begrudgingly ATM yep and with our owner probably for a long time.happy new year wilf

Happy New Year Evewolf. I could say your side keep on surprising but to be fair you are seventh and deservingly so. Outstanding season so far. It just shows that with the right manager, the right signings and the right chairman, it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Happy New Year Evewolf. I could say your side keep on surprising but to be fair you are seventh and deservingly so. Outstanding season so far. It just shows that with the right manager, the right signings and the right chairman, it can be done.
    I’ll second that. Happy new year Eve. Happy new year to everybody.

I said at the start of the season that Wolves would finish in the top half of the table and so far they have given me no reason to alter my opinion. As a lad growing up in the 50's and 60's Wolves were always our arch rivals in the top division. Since then we have both had our successes and failures and at the present moment they are well ahead of us. They are now a well run club with an owner who actually has an interest in the club and football in general. Consequently, they are successful on the field of play. We are the complete opposite. Any success that we achieve will be despite and not because of our owner. He is only interested in the money and not West Bromwich Albion, the football club. In my opinion we will not be able to challenge Wolves and the like until Lai has departed. I do not begrudge them their success and can only congratulate them on how they are performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I said at the start of the season that Wolves would finish in the top half of the table and so far they have given me no reason to alter my opinion. As a lad growing up in the 50's and 60's Wolves were always our arch rivals in the top division. Since then we have both had our successes and failures and at the present moment they are well ahead of us. They are now a well run club with an owner who actually has an interest in the club and football in general. Consequently, they are successful on the field of play. We are the complete opposite. Any success that we achieve will be despite and not because of our owner. He is only interested in the money and not West Bromwich Albion, the football club. In my opinion we will not be able to challenge Wolves and the like until Lai has departed. I do not begrudge them their success and can only congratulate them on how they are performing.
    Could look at it another way.
    Any and every success we will and have achieved has been done solely on the football field. Not via a cheque book. Like it or not this club plays within the rules.
    You could define what they have done as ambition you could also define it as desperation.
    Less than four years ago they were getting 15000 at home for league games. I know what they are
    I envy no other club
    When I saw the tribute before the game for our fallen supporters. I felt pride in this club proud to be part of it. They haven't and never will do that. More interested in flashing lights and fireworks. That ay football or community.

Pride of the Midlands always have and always will be
    Always Albion.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Any and every success we will and have achieved has been done solely on the football field. Not via a cheque book. Like it or not this club plays within the rules.
    You could define what they have done as ambition you could also define it as desperation.
    Less than four years ago they were getting 15000 at home for league games. I know what they are
    I envy no other club
    When I saw the tribute before the game for our fallen supporters. I felt pride in this club proud to be part of it. They haven't and never will do that. More interested in flashing lights and fireworks. That ay football or community.

Always Albion.
    Well said that man!

As I have said, I have been an Albion fan since the early fifties and nobody can be prouder of my club than I am. I know fans travel further than I do but I travel from Leicester week in, week out and hardly miss a home game. I also travel to as many away games as I can, despite Sky making it as difficult as possible by altering times and dates. I appreciate that we mustn't overstretch ourselves in the transfer market but we are a bit too freugal and could be a little more expansive in our dealings. Let's face it, Lai has no interest in us except as a 'cash cow'. It's a 'red letter' day if he visits the Hawthorns unlike the late owner of Leicester who attended virtually every game. We have to face the real world and to compete in it, we have to invest, albeit sensibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I envy no other club

Always Albion.
    The tribute before the match was very moving, what a sad snapshot of real lives and how many people we lose in what seems a short space of time, and this was only for 2018. Throughout the entire film the away fans applauded to a man. I lost somebody very close to me in 2017, I imagined him up there too, I think I’d have lost it if I had seen his picture. Relative to the size of our support it’s no surprise, there are so many ‘ode uns’ who just cor mek it anymore. So many young people on there too, along with former players and officials it makes you extra proud that we all belong to this big Albion family.

RIP to all those who have passed.

Albion till we die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)