+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Game Of The Season So Far

Biggest Game Of The Season So Far

Without a shadow of doubt on New Year's Day at Luton Town .

A real opportunity to put some pressure on them going in to the second half of the season if we can get those 3 points .

Psychologically it's massive , we take 6 points off them and they will know they have a serious challenger breathing down their necks .

The boost it would give our whole squad is also a huge benefit , we can deliver a telling blow and place some doubt in their minds .

Once we get through this game then the fixtures look a little easier and we can really push on , I take the point it's never that simple but none the less it will be in our own hands .

12 points out of 12 over the xmas period would be fantastic especially when you consider 9 of those points have come from our closest rivals .

Fingers crossed .

The biggest games for me as yet to come in April when we are going fo gold.

Think Luton play Sunderland after us.

I'm expecting us to win at Luton , decent record there in recent games, Not sure if it's the Biggest Game so far this season , but i understand what you mean regarding pressuring them , I'm well pleased with 9 out of nine so far over festive games , I recon we all would have taken that , anything at Luton would be a bonus, it's the next home game with Bradford I have doubts about , hitting good form just now , just like us to get beat by them ,

It's a big game at Luton if we're setting our sights on top 2. Do we really think we can get top 2? A couple o weeks ago folk were saying (me included) that we weren't good enough for top 2, too far behind and the squad lacking in experience. 3 encouraging wins still hasn't changed my mind. We've threatened to mount a couple of charges already this season and gone and lost daft games like Wycombe or Shrewsbury. Will this time be any different? I doubt it missen. I still think top 2 is possible but the squad needs adding to in Jan and no departures.

Luton ev won 10 and drawn 2 at Kenilworth rd so far this season, scooared 31 and conceded 9. They've taken 32points out of the last 36 points available in the league. We had a good game with them at Oakwell where both teams had key players missing on the day. This is a tough test and one is be delighted to tek owt frum

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's a big game at Luton if we're setting our sights on top 2. Do we really think we can get top 2? A couple o weeks ago folk were saying (me included) that we weren't good enough for top 2, too far behind and the squad lacking in experience. 3 encouraging wins still hasn't changed my mind. We've threatened to mount a couple of charges already this season and gone and lost daft games like Wycombe or Shrewsbury. Will this time be any different? I doubt it missen. I still think top 2 is possible but the squad needs adding to in Jan and no departures.

Luton ev won 10 and drawn 2 at Kenilworth rd so far this season, scooared 31 and conceded 9. They've taken 32points out of the last 36 points available in the league. We had a good game with them at Oakwell where both teams had key players missing on the day. This is a tough test and one is be delighted to tek owt frum
    The Peterborough games given me renewed optimism Pass .

Woodrow up top on his own and without Moore in the team we went up a few levels in my opinion .

I didn't go yesterday due to work but it seems we played very well again .

Bahre , Potts , McGeehan and Thiam look far more effective and we have the added factor of a fit Dougall once again who is a class act in the holding role .

Keep Moore on the bench for plan B and we've a sniff at the automatics , underlined by 3 points on New Years Day .

All games are worth three points. If we win at Luton and think we just evtto turn up ageeanst Bradford and Wimbledon we will get bitten on arse. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The Peterborough games given me renewed optimism Pass .

Woodrow up top on his own and without Moore in the team we went up a few levels in my opinion .

I didn't go yesterday due to work but it seems we played very well again .

Bahre , Potts , McGeehan and Thiam look far more effective and we have the added factor of a fit Dougall once again who is a class act in the holding role .

Keep Moore on the bench for plan B and we've a sniff at the automatics , underlined by 3 points on New Years Day .
    As ever mate it's about consistency. Thee, me and a few others on here ez said after we mullered Posh away 4 nowt and beat luton at ooam that we should be looking for automatic promotion. We were looking a very good oufit, Then we lost 2nowt at charlton then lost at horribly at Shrewsbury. We simply can't affooard those kind of weeks if we are serious contenders. It were more or less same when we lost to Sunderland and then Wycombe consecutively. It just leaves too much to do to keep up.

The lads ev laiked well in these last 3 games by all accounts and tekkun 9 points, nar keep it guin and mek it 8 or 9 wins art a 10 which would see us in that top 2 and in a strong position for the run in. Thats what we need to do realistically

As ever mate it's about consistency. Thee, me and a few others on here ez said after we mullered Posh away 4 nowt and beat luton at ooam that we should be looking for automatic promotion. We were looking a very good oufit, Then we lost 2nowt at charlton then lost at horribly at Shrewsbury. We simply can't affooard those kind of weeks if we are serious contenders. It were more or less same when we lost to Sunderland and then Wycombe consecutively. It just leaves too much to do to keep up.

The lads ev laiked well in these last 3 games by all accounts and tekkun 9 points, nar keep it guin and mek it 8 or 9 wins art a 10 which would see us in that top 2 and in a strong position for the run in. Thats what we need to do realistically
    Definitely going to need over 90 points for the automatic spots Pass .

Possibly can afford to lose maybe two or three games just as long we aren't drawing too many , especially at home .

Stupid points dropped to Wimbledon , Walsall and Plymouth , those 6 points we lost would have that table looking a lot more positive if we'd won them .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Definitely going to need over 90 points for the automatic spots Pass .

Possibly can afford to lose maybe two or three games just as long we aren't drawing too many , especially at home .

Stupid points dropped to Wimbledon , Walsall and Plymouth , those 6 points we lost would have that table looking a lot more positive if we'd won them .

Yes I'd agree that 90 points + would see us top 2. At halfway we had 42pts so a vast improvement needed. We need a run like in 2016 when Hecky took or. Play offs for me mate realistically

Yes I'd agree that 90 points + would see us top 2. At halfway we had 42pts so a vast improvement needed. We need a run like in 2016 when Hecky took or. Play offs for me mate realistically
    I want to see the teams above us have some pressure placed on them and see how they perform .

Different ball game as the finishing line approaches and you have to go away and win games with a one or two point advantage in your favour .

This club isn't an historical great front runner so this is where we are at our best , just slightly under the radar but capable .

We traded second place with Wolves and the Blunts for three quarters of the 96/97 campaign before pulling clear with 5 games to go and our last automatic promotion .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast