+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Huddersfield game is now massive...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Every game is now a cup tie and is there to be won with a fighting performance.
    I do hope not with our record in cup competitions.! But I understand the sentiments.

Onward and upwards. COME ON YOU CLARETS!!!!

Hindsight is a marvellous thing but both Heaton and Pope are outstanding keepers.
    Buying Hart always seemed bonkers to me, especially when we have Legzdins and Lindegaard who could have held the fort until Tom recovered.
    The club's recruitment policy is the root of this seasons malaise and to a man on here, we all said the Europa League would cause us untold problems if we didn't strengthen in July.
    I must have spoken with a hundred Burnley fans in the last 48 hours and everyone of them wants to see Hart in the back of a Terrier Taxi.

Feel for Joe Hart as in my opinion he has done a good job for us and not done a lot wrong , but Tom's commanding presence and organising of the defence has been a big miss and it showed on Sunday.
    Hope we can use this win as a launchpad to push on now as agreed the Huddersfield game is a big six pointer , these are the big games for us now against the teams around us and we need wins to push on.
    Great to see a performance that well deserved the win Sunday and we were unlucky it wasnt a 4 or 5-0 win , we showed great energy , movement and a hunger for the ball when in possesion and pressed all over the pitch off the ball , the heart and desire was evident to see and long may it continue now , UTC

Agree Attilla.

I remember in our last promotion year we got tonked 3-0 at Middlesboro on Boxing Day.

Sean gave the team a overhaul and we didn't lose another league match in our final 23 fixtures.

PERHAPS Boxing Day was another epiphany for us. Tom, McNeil, Bardsley and Westwood are showing what we have missed.
    The link up play between Barnes and Wood is something we have not seen from our strikers for years.
    The defence was back to it's best.

I would like to see a pacey winger and a midfield enforcer come in January and I will be a happy bunny.

We should be going to Huddersfield on Wednesday full of confidence but they will be fighting for their lives and it will be a totally different game from yesterday.
    If we had a Barton type player in midfield I would really fancy us to win.
    And I hate playing teams who have lost their last seven games.

A win on Wednesday and I think the odds are that we survive.

Yes 100% gonna be a tough game 1959/60 , they need a result as much as us so big pressure on both teams.
    Feel we still have a decent squad and we just miss that balance of a ball winner and creativity in Centre Mid but pace is the main weakness throughout the squad and although i'm not anti Dyche at all , I dont understand why this has'nt been addressed , he will have his reasons though as he is not stupid and more qualified than I.
    Dont feel we can address it in this window as its a panic driven over inflated market and our league position will likely put some top players off.
    Agree pace wide and in the 10 or 8 roles would be a big plus for me and would more happy with what we have and these two additions. UTC

Lets not get carried away chaps.That is only the second decent performance in about 30 PL matches.We have seen this before with the Bournemouth game.What we need is consistency-every match from now on needs that same level of commitment as was shown yesterday.

I dont think anyone is getting carried away brother , its hoping this is a platform to push off from now .
    My thoughts have been the same throughout the season on the team , decent workmanlike squad lacking pace and creativity which appears the generic thoughts of most of the Claret fanbase to be fair. UTC

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Agree Attilla.

I remember in our last promotion year we got tonked 3-0 at Middlesboro on Boxing Day.

Sean gave the team a overhaul and we didn't lose another league match in our final 23 fixtures.

PERHAPS Boxing Day was another epiphany for us. Tom, McNeil, Bardsley and Westwood are showing what we have missed.
    The link up play between Barnes and Wood is something we have not seen from our strikers for years.
    The defence was back to it's best.

I would like to see a pacey winger and a midfield enforcer come in January and I will be a happy bunny.

We should be going to Huddersfield on Wednesday full of confidence but they will be fighting for their lives and it will be a totally different game from yesterday.
    If we had a Barton type player in midfield I would really fancy us to win.
    And I hate playing teams who have lost their last seven games.

A win on Wednesday and I think the odds are that we survive.
    Just a minor point 59_60 -----we played Hull on Boxing Day and did indeed get tonked 0-3 with goals from Livermore, Hernandez and Clucas, however, from that point on..................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)