+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer window . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I think it's fair to say that we are getting looked on by SPL clubs as a good place to bring their youngsters on that are not quite ready for the rigours of the Premier League. As mentioned on this thread , Falkirk and Partick for example will be shelling out to try and dig themselves out of the hole's they are in. This is not viable for us so the loan system is the way we try to boost the team. Paying part of their wages and only short term, if this system is the best way of keeping us in the Championship so be it.
    I agree with you JR.

Our budget is no where near the other teams in this league. The lad from Motherwell will undoubtedly come at a smaller monthly cost than Semple.
    Accommodation costs, expenses cost and without a doubt salary.

It may mean that Semple and Harkins budget could fund 4 young players of the type you mention. Even though Semple was only 19 when he signed in the Summer.

Every penny counts and I have to say I think GN does a good job with the funds he has.

Falkirk and Partick will sign old heads to get them through, but old heads come at a cost. A cost higher than we can afford to pay.

I think it's fair to say that we are getting looked on by SPL clubs as a good place to bring their youngsters on that are not quite ready for the rigours of the Premier League. As mentioned on this thread , Falkirk and Partick for example will be shelling out to try and dig themselves out of the hole's they are in. This is not viable for us so the loan system is the way we try to boost the team. Paying part of their wages and only short term, if this system is the best way of keeping us in the Championship so be it.

youv just pointed out one of the big reasons most floating fans dont attend palmy there old pal ,the keeping us in the championship bit ,thats become the normal amongst the queens faithful and accepted as this is how big we can be ,tbh if we cant go for promotion i think id rather see a relegation so we can go win a league .thats a better alternative to me than stagnation .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    youv just pointed out one of the big reasons most floating fans dont attend palmy there old pal ,the keeping us in the championship bit ,thats become the normal amongst the queens faithful and accepted as this is how big we can be ,tbh if we cant go for promotion i think id rather see a relegation so we can go win a league .thats a better alternative to me than stagnation .
    You could be right you know . If we were flying in League 1, then attendances might be a bit better . As I've said before though , the crowds at Palmerston weren't great when we won the League in 12/13 but certainly more home fans than now. However, remember Dougal , that this would be off-set by less away fans. Our honeymoon season was 2009-10 and let me remind you that we had an average of 2,750 at home that season. Compared to now this is a mind boggling number . This was the season after the Hampden final where we acquired a few 'new ' fans for a while at least. The other spike in attendances was 2002-3 where the post league winning feel good factor attracted more to Palmerston. It's the everlasting problem of keeping folk that's so difficult.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 02-01-2019 at 08:06 PM.

No reason why we can't still target a top 4. The players we have are more than capable of it. All be it small we have a decent squad.

The problem lies with the managers new found fashion of trying not to conceed at the expense of attack.

Dobbie up front on his own, sacrilidge! Half gaming Stirling and 5 defenders, it's just strangling us.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    No reason why we can't still target a top 4. The players we have are more than capable of it. All be it small we have a decent squad.

The problem lies with the managers new found fashion of trying not to conceed at the expense of attack.

Dobbie up front on his own, sacrilidge! Half gaming Stirling and 5 defenders, it's just strangling us.
    I agree . Nothing to stop us as fourth place up for grabs but need to be braver and go for 3 points every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    I am hoping Callum Semple doesn’t pop up at any of our rivals for the next six months.

27 appearances this season shows he is certainly more than capable in this league.
    Has semple gone. I've read nothing yet to say he has

You could be right you know . If we were flying in League 1, then attendances might be a bit better . As I've said before though , the crowds at Palmerston weren't great when we won the League in 12/13 but certainly more home fans than now. However, remember Dougal , that this would be off-set by less away fans. Our honeymoon season was 2009-10 and let me remind you that we had an average of 2,750 at home that season. Compared to now this is a mind boggling number . This was the season after the Hampden final where we acquired a few 'new ' fans for a while at least. The other spike in attendances was 2002-3 where the post league winning feel good factor attracted more to Palmerston. It's the everlasting problem of keeping folk that's so difficult.

yep we are a club starved for success over the last few years ,and yep we did get a boost in new fans after our cup final years ,alot of these fans would have turned out after that thinking queens were starting to go down the right road showing ambition ,i also thought that was just the start of the success i like many was thinking queens have turned the corner and started looking upwards and looking for success every season ,then the collapse and relegation ,getting promoted again i was thinking we are heading back in the right way ,now years later fans dwindled away as we stayed mid to top four stagnation ,the wheels came off .

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Has semple gone. I've read nothing yet to say he has
    Not yet he is contracted until 7th Jan

The "SPL" no longer exists. The top division in Scotland is the Premiership. The Premier League is the English top division, other than that a good post.

Falkirk now sign Ian McShane on an 18 month deal

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)