+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Transfer window . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Make no mistake Falkirk and Partick will not be relegated...........but someone will drop into the automatic relegation position.
    You keep saying this Jardi but time will tell. While they will be improved I don`t see both making up the points difference on us.

They may both overtake Alloa but I don`t think that`s by any means a certainty. It`s not by any means impossible that the team who come 2nd bottom could also go down of course. It could be us but I firmly believe it won`t be.
    Last edited by Dobmeister; 04-01-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Partick & Falkirk not messing about in the transfer window.

Rumours that Chris Erskine could be getting released by Partick Thistle.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post

now id take erskine ,he would get goals from the midfield .

Falkirk signing yet another player today

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/01/...-keillor-dunn/

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post

Ayr appear to be interested in Erskine

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Ayr appear to be interested in Erskine

now i know its supposedly early days still in the window but ,if we are going to get anyone decent in it has to happen quite sharpish as what iv seen over these transfer windows ,what usually happens is all the decent players are usually gone by mid january ,then its a mission to find the right kind of player out a bad pack ,since low and mcguire signings all the talk has went silent again .

Think we will be waiting on the clubs with players we are interested in deciding who they want to keep or put out on loan for the rest of the season. Hopefully it happens sooner rather than later tho..

Cammy Smith has left St Mirren for Dundee Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    There will be players looking for a club - let there be no doubt.

Getting the right fit for Queens is extremely important, and as Naysmith has suggested he needs workers like Doyle who can slip into any position.

Make no mistake, Partick and Falkirk will make sure that they are not relegated, - so we cannot sit smugly by saying that we have a points cushion over those teams.

If players of the calibre of Holt and McShane are not an option, (as they would transform the team and our position,) - then we need to find at least 3 workers, - who can mould seamlessly into any position.

At this stage in the season, the one thing I would agree with Naysmith is I'd rather have players who gave you 100% throughout the game than someone like Harkins who showed the odd flash of genius. That is undoubtedly how Livingston won the championship last year and how they are plundering their way through the SPL this season.

I accept his statement in the Standard this morning that playing with a small squad enables him to satisfy the players every week......but a few injuries could decimate our team and we would be in dire trouble. This is not the time to sit idly by and watch all the available players disappear to our competitors and come up with the excuse "If only we hadn't had those injuries" in a few weeks time.........now is the time to bring in fresh blood where it's most needed, - and a couple of midfielders who can put a foot on the ball would be my priority.
    Well Jardi you were half right in your certainty that Falkirk and Partick would both stay up. We've staggered into the play off spot on goal difference ahead of the worst Falkirk team in memory when based on a whole season's form.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)